·
Registered
'92 Brougham d'Elegance 305; '98 Seville STS
490 Posts

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
Lochenjons,your car looks very nice,but it's crying for some whitewalls.

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Hi,

This 79 Sedan deVille d'Elegance has been sitting inside all winter at my Stillwater, Minnesota warehouse and I got it out today for a drive in the snow and salt so I could take pictures for everyone to see on this site. Pics taken today show the 93-96 style Fleetwood alloy wheels I put on this car last fall and had the center caps painted to match the color of the car with a custom cadillac crest laser cut in the color of the accent stripes.

Also shown are pics from last winter in Florida when this car made the trip from Minnesota to Florida two times in total float and quiet! You can see the original wire wheel covers. This car looks natural in Florida on a palm lined boulevard by the shining blue water!

Who has spring fever?!

Dave

·
Registered
490 Posts
Real nice, Bro-Ham. I like your creativity with the wheels, too. Resembles the look of some of the color-matched discs on some of the '77-'79 Cadillac models.

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 1978 Seville
254 Posts
hey thats a great cad, are those original wheels??
Thanks, Yes they are original wire wheels off a 1989 Brougham I got them on E-bay. They were and still are in perfect condition. THe center caps where NOS still in the box. I love this car and it is optioned (now) just the way I like it. Thanks again for all the complements

Tall Tom
Palm Springs, CA

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
What a bunch of great looking Caddies from everyone! Nothing has class and civility like the 77-92 D Bodies!

lochenjons and Bro-Ham, I'm particularly fond of your cloth D'Elegance packages, it's so tough to find those, especially with the Broughams!

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
This is a little off the point but, being computer challenged,what equipment
do you need and how do you send pictures over the computer,I have pics. of my 80 cdv. tnx that I would like to send. tnx

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
1979 Coupe de Ville Phaeton - actually, it looks better than this now, I spent the last four days doing some hard core paint polishing, she's much shinier now.

1983 Coupe de Ville

1990 Brougham d'Elegance.

·
Registered
1988 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
146 Posts

Has a coat of primer and clearcoat over the greyish coat of degrading, cracking paint it had; it's a restoration job. That's just to keep it from rusting further, the previous owners didn't keep it up well. The car sat for 5 years so the frame is in excellent condition. This summer I plan on doing a rubberized undercoating, seeing if I can save the vynle and potentially replacing the engine if it's bad.

The interior isn't too bad, needs work like everything else. Haven't had a chance to shampoo it yet.

D

·
0 Posts
Here's a few recent pics of my '91 Fleetwood. For those that dont know its got an '87 Iroc 355 motor/dual exhaust with Maganaflows and several other mods. The car has Intrax lowering springs in front (for an Impala SS), stock Impala SS springs out back and of course Impala SS wheels with 255/50/17 Hankook tires. Handles like an Fbody.

D

·
0 Posts
Here is my 90 brougham. Most purists will say I am ruining it, but oh well. The clear was peeling as well as the top, soooooo i made it something I really enjoy driving without spending a bunch of cash.
I actually like that look. Hey its your car, do with it as you please, if the purists dont like it they can keep their car "pure".

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
589 Posts
Destroyer -
That side view shot - with the Imp SS wheels and the lowering - somehow oozes the look of "quietly MEAN."
You know; Doesn't say much, but tickle it and it'll beat the crap out of you as 5 hit men pile out of it to do their thing as the driver sits there filing his nails, listening to tunes, until they return.
Then they drive off in the appropriate, dignified manner. But if the need arises, nobody could catch them anyway. :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Destroyer -
That side view shot - with the Imp SS wheels and the lowering - somehow oozes the look of "quietly MEAN."
You know; Doesn't say much, but tickle it and it'll beat the crap out of you as 5 hit men pile out of it to do their thing as the driver sits there filing his nails, listening to tunes, until they return.
Then they drive off in the appropriate, dignified manner. But if the need arises, nobody could catch them anyway. :)
Yeah, his Brougham commands respect. If someone were to ask, "what's under the hood?" the (goodfellas/wiseguy) answer, "don't worry about it" would suffice.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Destroyer, I ****ing love your car. Before I saw your '91, I couldn't imagine SS wheels looking natural on a 77-92 Brougham, but man, that looks awesome!

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the words of praise. Actually surprised I'm not getting the "shoulda left the white walls and wheel covers" remarks. I love the rides I'm seeing here and I'm glad this thread was started. I like to see these cars customized in a non-bling bling or lowrider fashion although thats ok too, diversity is the name of the game. Most people think the 94-96 cars are the ones to modify because they share the same chassis as the Impala SS and have an LT1 but dont realize the older ones have the exact same chassis and are just as modifiable. I recently sold my W140 Mercedes and the Caddy is now the daily driver but I'm buying a new car soon so the Caddy will become more of a toy than daily transport. It will go through an extensive mechanical makeover with either a big inch small block or a big block Chevy. Anyway, you guys will see the progress from start to finish like you did when I swapped this motor in it. Once again, great thread and really cool cars, ALL of them.

21 - 40 of 3831 Posts