Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short version of the story. 99 STS has no floor mats when I buy it. Get a new set from gmpartsdirect. Go to install the rears - they have a notch in one corner. Where the ^%$# does it go? Fitted them about every way I can try - closest I can guess is the notch goes toward the back of the car on the inside? FSM does not cover installing floor mats... :hmm:

·
Registered
1997 Polo Green Cadillac Seville STS
685 Posts
HA ha not the dumbest, but perhaps the funniest!! Oh and I have no IDEA!! Check to ensure you were sent the correct mats for an STS Deville's are a bit larger I think.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
The notch fits towards the front and to the outside. It is there to clear the front seat tracks.

Don

·
Registered
02 STS
1,262 Posts
To properly fit the mats you need special tools J-9874, J-3241B and a degree torque wrench.

Then you need to remove the seats, the console, the cabin air cleaner, the windshield wiper reservoir, the exhaust system and the engine cradle with engine, tranny and front suspension.

The fasteners that hold the mats down are torque to yield, do not reuse them. :lol: :stirpot::stirpot: :lol:

Dealer book time is 16 hours!

Seriously... On my 2002 there is a square dent in the floor that the notch in the mats fit.. As noted above, this clears the seat track.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
It's not a dumb but kind of funny :D .
Enjoy your car

·
Registered
2004 Escalade, 07 Road King, 08 Challenger SRT8
712 Posts
Not the dumbest. Not even close...

Gearhead had the right answer in post #2... make sure they're the right ones!!!

US SPeed can't seem to grasp that I have a regular Envoy... I've got the wrong mats twice now....

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had the same problem when I shampooed mine and went to replace. How much did the new set cost?
About $70 either from the dealer or gmpartsdirect.com; the shipping offsets the discount. So now I'll do the longer version: I called the dealer and they said they could get them in 3-4 days. Two weeks later when I call they still don't know the status of my order but they'll call back. Three days later when I still haven't heard from them I order at gmpartsdirect.com; the dealer calls later that day to tell me they're in. gmpartsdirect.com must have gotten them shipped from my local dealer so they could ship them to me because about a month after I order them they show up :thepan: :rant2:

·
Registered
1999 Black and Tan STS
753 Posts
About $70 either from the dealer or gmpartsdirect.com; the shipping offsets the discount. So now I'll do the longer version: I called the dealer and they said they could get them in 3-4 days. Two weeks later when I call they still don't know the status of my order but they'll call back. Three days later when I still haven't heard from them I order at gmpartsdirect.com; the dealer calls later that day to tell me they're in. gmpartsdirect.com must have gotten them shipped from my local dealer so they could ship them to me because about a month after I order them they show up :thepan: :rant2:
I like that price! Mine are in my trunk because they look like shi$ and the carpets are so nice ubder them.. Never really considered the dealer for these..

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Don't you wish all of our problems were as big as this?? 07-24-07 10:56 PM
LOL -- floormat direction vs. "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL"

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've tried them every direction in this post - don't seem to fit right no matter what. I guess I'd feel OK if I bought them from K-mart, but from the dealer I'd expect a closer fit. And for the record - the second person since I've owned it sat in the rear seat the other day...

·
Registered
'93 STS (sold), now looking for a CTS Wagon soon!!
503 Posts
Experience & repetition is the key......... Go to the local car wash.... Have them shampoo the mats. They'll put them back for you.

Note the install.:sheep:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts