Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Escy .2014 SRX... 2015i Escy Plat
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Everyone knows my issues on the Vibration issues.
After many contacts and even a legal letter, Cadillac headquarters asked me to take the truck out of state to a Dealership that they requested.
To review,my local dealer balanced tires and looked everywhere on the truck and couldn't find a solution and said there was no solution. I asked for a swap since they do acknowledge a problem in many Escys but dont have a solution..

The Caddy has been at the new dealer for a few days.
They are one of the dealers that have a " road forced balance" machine.

Even though the tires have been balanced ... this machine is computerized and takes balancing to another level by putting pressure(weight of the truck) on it instead of just sitting on a wheel with no weight.
He just called and said that 2 tires were VERY bad and have now been fixed. He drove it and said that its running great now..
Its tough to believe, but I will be down there tomorrow to pick it up and go for the a test drive with the shop foreman. Lets hope this is a fix and Caddy just found the problem. Why these Escys are rolling off the line without this Test is
unbelievable but I will keep you updated tomorrow.

----------

Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQxVAssnbp8

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
Doesn't work.

My dealer has the newest road force balance machine, and performed on both sets of tires they replaced on mine. They even sent it out to a local tire store to verify.

Per the GM Engineer and District Manager, they also verified the driveline was properly aligned, balanced, etc, and replaced shocks, struts, and several other suspension components save the coil springs. I've also had 2 new rear differentials.

All this to no avail.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
rjm said:
Doesn't work. My dealer has the newest road force balance machine, and performed on both sets of tires they replaced on mine. They even sent it out to a local tire store to verify. Per the GM Engineer and District Manager, they also verified the driveline was properly aligned, balanced, etc, and replaced shocks, struts, and several other suspension components save the coil springs. I've also had 2 new rear differentials. All this to no avail.
Drive train issue like the propeller shaft? At higher speed it can give a vibration.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
Doesn't work.

My dealer has the newest road force balance machine, and performed on both sets of tires they replaced on mine. They even sent it out to a local tire store to verify.

Per the GM Engineer and District Manager, they also verified the driveline was properly aligned, balanced, etc, and replaced shocks, struts, and several other suspension components save the coil springs. I've also had 2 new rear differentials.

All this to no avail.

Have you checked the axles, CV joints, or drive shaft?

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
Have you checked the axles, CV joints, or drive shaft?

Considering the Engineer and the District Manager have made multiple visits and as much time it's spent at the dealer, I'm sure they've checked everything.

At this point it's out of my hands as they've agreed to give me a replacement.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
155 Posts
The Vibration we have has nothing to do with the Wheels and tires. As RJM we both have had many trips to the dealer with new tires wheels, ETC! If I was guessing I would say there the problem is with a certain batch of drive train parts made by a certain supplier. i don think it's in the springs or shocks since the vibration starts at 1mph….
Maybe transmission shaft, Tork converter out of balance, flywheel out of balance, I don't know but like RJM i am working to get my truck replaced. Hoping to know something soon.
Joey

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV
43 Posts
I owned a MB ML430 (The ML stands for My Lemon) that I have to get rid of because of bad vibration.

Turned out to be the drive shaft. Out of balance.

MB techs were terrible, dealer was terrible about it, eventually I had to trade the car in a for a 2001 E430 which turned out to be a fantastic car.

I should have fought them for a replacement but didn't have the time or energy to fight.

ML went in 27 times over 2 years.

After that I bought a Tahoe and then a Suburban and now an ESV. Haven't looked back to MB.

Since that no more MB SUV's.

S

·
0 Posts
I agree, this is not a tire/wheel issue.
The Vibration we have has nothing to do with the Wheels and tires. As RJM we both have had many trips to the dealer with new tires wheels, ETC! If I was guessing I would say there the problem is with a certain batch of drive train parts made by a certain supplier. i don think it's in the springs or shocks since the vibration starts at 1mph….
Maybe transmission shaft, Tork converter out of balance, flywheel out of balance, I don't know but like RJM i am working to get my truck replaced. Hoping to know something soon.
Joey

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
Doesn't work.

All this to no avail.
Damn, :( got excited for the OP. Hopefully it solves his issue.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
These big 22 wheels MUST be road forced balanced......and even at that, it will never be "perfect". I started with 18"s on my Mercedes GL ... on the next model they were up to 19"s and I could tell a difference in the "feel" or "roughness" or whatever....by the time of my last model ( a 2013 ) they were up to 20's and they worked hard to get those guys balanced as best as possible using road force equipment.....bottom line is with the extremely large wheels AND low profile tires, MUCH road "feel" is going to be transmitted to the body of the vehicle.....what a couple of our guys goes way beyond this BUTTT....these vehicles with these tire/wheel combinations are NOT going to be as smooth feeling as the Caddys, and other luxury vehicles of 5 to 10 yrs ago. The sad thing....is that the large wheel/tire in use today is a STYLE desire....they have nothing to do with performance.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade, 2015 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
81 Posts
Switched wheels and tires last Nov. (put Blizack snows on) no change in vibration. Service manager says they are looking at rear shock mount design.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
I checked around me and almost all the dealers, including my dealer has this machine.
Thew dealers, the tire stores and even the tech school has one.
I located about 100 withing an hour of me.
must be a very popular machine.
I assume this is the force balance I have been hearing about.

Really all GM dealers should be using the Hunter GSP9700 balancer. Here is a link to locate them near you:

http://www.gsp9700.com/search/findgsp9700.cfm

I doubt this fixes your issue as most dealers already use this machine but maybe you got lucky!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
I think the problem some people have is some shops do not know how to properly use them. Also, they take more time to use because it will tell the tech to reposition the tire for best results.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2015 ESCALADE ESV 2015 CTS 2018 XT5. 2018 CT6
418 Posts
It must have worked since he hasn't come back with complaints. Sometimes it is just a rebalance some Escalades need.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
Doesn't work.

All this to no avail.
Damn :(

·
Registered
2014 CTS Premium, 2015 Escalade Premium, 2013 Jeep Wrangler
50 Posts
These types of vibrations can occur for many reasons and tire balance is not the only one. Wheels that are on the vehicle that are over torqued, under torqued or unevenly torqued will cause vibrations. Bad tires will cause vibrations because they can be out of "round" which is a somewhat common problem. Additionally warped brake rotors can cause a vibration problem but can be easily diagnosed by pressing the brake pedal; if the pedal vibrates then the rotors are most likely warped. To determine which end the vibrations are coming from: If it's in the steering wheel it is the front tire(s), if you feel it in your seat bottom then it's the rear tire(s). Also an out of balance drive shaft will cause drive train vibrations. There can be no substitute for good mechanics applying solid technique using reliable machines that can determine (to a high degree of accuracy) the metrics that indicate an out of norm condition.

·
Registered
2010 Escy .2014 SRX... 2015i Escy Plat
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Guys- Sorry for the delay , I was traveling for business.
Ok.. So here is what happened.. one tire ( Front left) was found by the road force balance machine to be 3-4 times worse than whats allowed. It was a disaster. He showed me the computer printout that the machine prints out for each tire.
It was fixed and I truly believe that it may be fixed. Its winter here and the roads are shaky but the car really seems to 99% better. Im shocked but please everyone with this issue dont get your tires balanced , make sure that they are road forced balanced
and ask for the printout. Cadillac headquarters asked me to drive 60 miles and skip over 10 different dealers to go to this one out of state. I can only hope this helps as many people as possible. If anyone is in the NY metro area with this issue contact me and I will get you the name of the service manager I talked too. He was tremendous.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts