Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20080 CTS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2008 CTS and just realized you can't watch DVD's while driving. I of course don't plan on watching anything while driving however my daughter would love to take advantage of the feature from the backseat. This is one of the main reasons I made sure to purchase the model with the navigation system. Woops! Thanks for helping!!

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Escalade EXT
35 Posts
I was told by the dealer that there is a wire connected to the deck that tells the car to not allow DVD function while driving. He said that all you need to do is simply snip that wire and you are good to go.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
I was told by the dealer that there is a wire connected to the deck that tells the car to not allow DVD function while driving. He said that all you need to do is simply snip that wire and you are good to go.
Was this while he was selling you the car? Back in the day going many years back there were solutions like this that were available but today the navigation units are much smarter and they rely on talking back and forth to the GM Lan Bus for speed information, vin number information, and many other important functions.

You snip this wire and your nav will not turn on. The only way is to use the lockpick listed above because it electronically filters out the commands that the nav gets from the GM Lan bus. There is no way around this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts