Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2002 DeVille
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there's anyway possible to perform a clean removal of the base plate of the antenna holder from the rear window of my 02 deville? I dont plan on ever using the on star system and the little nub thats left after antenna is unscrewed aggravates me every time I look at it... Is this possible to do without ruining any other systems (rear defog, etc)? Thanks!

auf w.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,118 Posts
Carefully use a single edged razor blade to cut the adhesive underneath. Then clean the residue with lighter fluid or Goo Gone or such.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,510 Posts
Same process on the inside piece, and the BNC connector is a push-on affair, so you can slip it off and tuck the cable/connector inside the rear window trim.

·
Super Moderator
87,118 Posts
Never even thought about the inside. I just removed the outside.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,510 Posts
I cheated.......watched the Tech do it when they did the upgrade in 11/07. The "upgrade" antenna uses a larger loading coil and takes a different base, so therefore more work..........Go figure.

·
Registered
2002 DeVille
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's only attached by adhesive?? Hmph... Okay... one last side, note, I had the car tinted, and Im assuming when he tinted the rear windshield he tinted AROUND the interior plate... I wonder if by removing the exterior antenna base (as described above) would interior "square" still show from the outside? I am assuming so...

Oh thanks for nfo ranger and sub!!

·
Super Moderator
87,118 Posts
That would be my guess. I'd leave the inside alone (I did).

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades
605 Posts
when they tinted my back...they took off the inside antenna mount, tinted and reinstalled.
thought everyone did that
btw... does taking off the entire exterior mount and antenna affect the fm/am radio?

·
Registered
605 Posts
No. That is the onstar antenna only.
ohhhhh....i misread your previous post as-

"... That is the OTHER antenna only."

me and my quick glance reading. Gonna get me into trouble.

well then if its only for Onstar then ima take it off.
i dont have the digital onstar and have no use for it. so ima get the bluestar soon.

im actually looking into getting a shark fin style non functioning antenna for the roof...like the bmw's.

good idea..bad?

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Premium, Saturn Vue XR
493 Posts
Just be careful you don't cut or nick the defog lines. It's held on with good adhesive...use a utility razor. Outside is easy.

·
Registered
2011 CTS4 Premium, Saturn Vue XR
493 Posts
ohhhhh....i misread your previous post as-

"... That is the OTHER antenna only."

me and my quick glance reading. Gonna get me into trouble.

well then if its only for Onstar then ima take it off.
i dont have the digital onstar and have no use for it. so ima get the bluestar soon.

im actually looking into getting a shark fin style non functioning antenna for the roof...like the bmw's.

good idea..bad?
I have one of those sharkfin antenna on the rear part of my roof, it was factory installed for my XM satellite...option chosen for 2003 Deville.:cool2:

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have one of those sharkfin antenna on the rear part of my roof, it was factory installed for my XM satellite...option chosen for 2003 Deville.:cool2:
is that the black rubber looking obe on the rear of the roof?
i dont like those.
im talking about the abs plastic color matched ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts