Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS Northstar
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a good business month this month and wanted to finally start modding my 05 cts-v.

I was thinking a good start would be a Cold Air Intake and Catback Exhaust.

My budget is around $1k total for everything. I can install them myself so I don't have to worry about labor charges.

My question is is it possible to find both for around $1k and if so what brands do you recommend and where to buy them from. Or if not what would be a good starter modification for $1k.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
I have the Magnaflow Catbacks which sound and look great. I bought for $567 delivered from www.performancepeddlers.com.

A CAI will run you ~ $250 but doesn't add much performance wise. Get a high flow K&N air filter for $36 from the same web site. It will give you the same growl as the CAI.

Then buy a B&M shifter from ebay for under $200 and the mounting bushings from Lindsey Cadillac (vendor on this site) ~ $40 delivered.

Hey .... You still have beer money left for the installs. :alchi:

·
Registered
2005 STS Northstar
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts
He has a best offer deal you can do on the website, offer him $567 and see what he comes back with. Or search the threads here, there used to be a trick to buy it at the sale price. Look up old threads for Magnaflow or performancepedllers and u shoudl find it.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
you can get one on ebay for under $600. and the shifter the same. Be c careful about the B&M because they are discontinued. But they are making 100 for atlantic speed. There are some on ebay but I don't know how they got them if they are discontinued.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
800 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts

Click Picture...

You might be able to get a pair of these bad boys for your V...:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts