Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Some issues have me considering moving on from my 04 Lincoln. I've taken great care of it but there are annoyances that are wearing me out. I can't afford now to buy anything too new and seeing how much I do love RWD vehicles, the STS grabs my attention. If some of were you could be kind enough to give me your thoughts on this car I would truly appreciate it.

Here's the listing. Keep in mind I'd have to travel 300miles to see this thing.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/629704300/overview/#

That car has everything I want in an STS and has very low miles too. Not having any kind of experience with this car, I wonder how reliable they are. I've had town cars for awhile now and you can really put a ton of
miles on them. Will this car last or can I expect to deal with many issues? Thoughts please :)

Rey

----------

By the way, trading in mine and now down I can get it for 10,888.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
193 Posts
Check the VIN with a dealer before you buy. They can tell you the list of repaired items done under warranty. Minor issues don't concern me. Repeated problems or big repair items I would pass. Low mileage is not the greatest indicator on a used car. Many issues get resolved under warranty when the mileage gets past 75,000. Also repeat visits to the dealer can indicate a car built on a "bad day". Remember human assembled. If you do buy, find a dealer and try to make them a friend. I'm not with a dealer, but when I show up, they don't treat me like a number cause I send them business. These cars are like driving smart phones. Lots of computers and networking. And finally, you might want to read up on the Northstar engine. Latest generation is a complete redesign starting from the 05 MY. Don't just show up at the dealer and ask "what is that ticking sound". It could cost you lots of money if they think you don't know..

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,453 Posts
There's a reason there are NO Cadillac and so many Ford Panther body police cars and taxicabs.

I would not think twice about spending $4,000+ to bring my STS back to life (if necessary). It's well worth that to me.

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SF N* RWD NAV F55
705 Posts
Get a Car warranty, Even though it may cost $ 2500.00, get it for as long as you think you
may OWN the car. 4 ,5, or 6 years.
Are you handy to do some sorta easy repair work ?
This car uses Premium 92 Gas,runs like a scared Jack rabbit !
The engine is bullet Proof, meaning, don't expect anything to go wrong.Yeaaaa
You have to be able to put in Mobile 1 Oil,at scheduled miles,or OLM reading !
TPMS may need replacing,tires,Battery. I had to add Freon on can every season,
on my previous STS.
Welcome to this forum, hope this help, some....
:stirpot::):yup: :welcome::welcome:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the replies, much appreciated. Yes I'm very handy since I've done most of the work on my town car. I always use Mobil1 which explains why the car runs so good even after 161k miles. Lots to think about. Thanks again!

Rey

·
Registered
2005 STS V8
215 Posts
Honestly if little annoyances bother you then I'd avoid the STS. I bought mine with 83k and have 100k on it now. I've replaced the rear diff bushing, pinion seal, shift linkage bushings, vacuum lines, front struts and all the HVAC motors. That's just what I can come up with off the top of my head. I like it, but it certainly hasn't been a trouble free car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts