Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
03 CTS
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys so i know this has been long and drawn out and talked about over and over again, but i think i may have discovered another way to rig our mp3 players to our stock audio. This is a maybe of course, you guys know i dont have hands on, so input would help.

Here goes:
so im a sucker for certain technologies, one being portable entertainment. Through all my research i decided my next MP3 player was going to be a creative zen vision m, nice unit, check it out if your looking for other options besides an ipod. So anyways, its on its way, and i was still doing some research and came across a forum for creative products and one woman mentioning her setup in her car for her MP3 player input. She said her stock system was set up to receive a 6 disc CD Changer, but found out from cruthfield that there was a cable to convert the cable that ran from the back of her unit to the 6 disk changer in her armrest, to a cable that essentially has the original pin out for the cd changer on the back of her radio, to a headphone jack. Hence the cable would plug up in the back of the radio, convert to a headphone jack, and wala you plug in your mp3 playing device. Now how the radio receives it i dont know, such as displaying anything, i dont think thats happening, but it did seem like an easy enough task for someone to do without splicing of any sorts.

My question is has anybody researched this for our vehicle? how does the radio receive our 6 disc changer? someone willing to call crutchfield and see if they have a cable to convert for us from cd changer input to a headphone jack? i tried e mail, but never get anywhere, and unfortunately cant call them.

Just thought this would be another alternative to the instructions on how to tap into your radio if its set to receive xm radio. Essentially it would be plug and play, and she said cable only ran her 15 bucks shipped, so affordable, and no hassle on the technical side.

Any thoughts? and thanx once again guys. Sorry for the laziness of this thread, but until my arms are 7000 miles long i wont have hands on with my car for a couple more months :thepan: :rant2:

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Hi, Sam!! I have no idea about the mp3 hookup but I'm glad to see you posting. :wave: We get worried about you!!!! Keep your damn head DOWN. :patriot:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Hi, Sam!! I have no idea about the mp3 hookup but I'm glad to see you posting. :wave: We get worried about you!!!! Keep your damn head DOWN. :patriot:
in otherwords :nothing2add:

·
Registered
Cadillac
154 Posts
Wat up Samos?? I have been asking about the possible ipod aux hook up. Now my question for you id this idea less complicated, less cheap and possibly compatible with a stock radio for a ipod??? Again excuse my ignorance please...

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Not gonna happen samson....They are talking about an EXTERNAL 6 disc changer...not the one built into the headunit....if you want it hard wired, add a cleansweep and an audio system....I did it over a year ago and havent listened to the radio or cd changer more than 10 times...just my MP3.....on my stock NAV that I added.....

I have the OG Creative Zen 30gb....damn thing looks like a Nintendo its sooooo big compared to new ones....but works flawlessly.....You will now have a zenimal in your car :D You will be zen

Quit messing around and drop some cash and do it the right way ;)

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
^said the guy who isnt paying his membership :lol:

:tisk: tisk tisk mike

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
:rofl

·
Registered
03 CTS
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not gonna happen samson....They are talking about an EXTERNAL 6 disc changer...not the one built into the headunit....if you want it hard wired, add a cleansweep and an audio system....I did it over a year ago and havent listened to the radio or cd changer more than 10 times...just my MP3.....on my stock NAV that I added.....

I have the OG Creative Zen 30gb....damn thing looks like a Nintendo its sooooo big compared to new ones....but works flawlessly.....You will now have a zenimal in your car :D You will be zen

Quit messing around and drop some cash and do it the right way ;)
yah i hear ya, im personally not gonna try this install but i thought it would be pretty easy to rig for some other people trying easy installs, ill drop my cash dont you worry haha.

i got myself the 30 gig creative zen vision m, beatuiful device :thumbsup:

·
Registered
03 CTS
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wat up Samos?? I have been asking about the possible ipod aux hook up. Now my question for you id this idea less complicated, less cheap and possibly compatible with a stock radio for a ipod??? Again excuse my ignorance please...
if it worked for our ride sure (but ill take flips word and say it doesnt)

essentially it would be a cable that plugged into the back of your radio, run it under a few panels up to your armrest and you would have jack to plug into your headphone inputon your portable device.

If you have an xm ready unit theres also a pretty easy fix you can search in the faq's. If not then just curse your car for now, and maybe if you wanna stay at a low cost, find a descent fm tuner that can scan at .01 increments to find a channel thatll give you descently clean sound (which we all know is nearly impossible to achieve with an fm tuner, lots of background noise ie static)

other than that i only know of the cleansweep to add in with your audio setup which provides an aux input. Im no master of this topic at all but thats what i know of.

·
Registered
03 CTS
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey RT!!! haha yah im still around i just dont get to post as much as i would like to anymore, so im almost completely cutoff from cadillacs for now (car, and now here) :mad: oh well, couple more months, ill be back!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts