Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Escalade, and for the past 4.5 months I've been using the armor all leather cleaner/conditioner on my seats. I've started to notice that around the seams of my seats, especially my driver seat, is appearing to dry out. It has taken on a very rough feel, and I'm worried I've damaged my car... I've been cleaning my seats once a week, but I stopped b/c I had a weird feeling that maybe the cleaner was messing them up..... I read some of the posts that recommended "Leatherique", Do any of ya'll think this would help, or is there something else I could use????????

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! The armor all stuff is the WORSE THING you can put on your leather..... :crying: And brand new leather at that!!!!

Hopefully you havent done too much damage, and a good soaking in leatherique "rejuvinator" will bring it back....

However, other posts on this say that eagle one leather conditioner is the best out there.... Search the detailing forum......

·
Registered
9 Posts
i use a eagle one leather cond.. put it on by hand rub it in and let it soak for about 5 min then wipe it off.. the eagle one is a heavy cream works AAAAAAAAA++++++++ ( i tried alot of cond this tales the cake)

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
AA is the worst for leather, I would get a good leather cleaner like Lexol, Zaino or Pinnacle and clean the leather real good, then use a conditioner from Lexol or Zaino and it should help your leather over time. Leatherique is more a refinishing type product and I would not try that until you have no other choices

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
If still still under warranty do what their web site says

"In the unlikely event that you should discover a defect in your Cadillac's materials or workmanship, the Cadillac Warranty will cover the cost of all parts and labour necessary to carry out such repairs as are necessary"

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Id do that..... Why restore old leather when you can get NEW leather!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do ya'll really think that would work.....?
Well I'll try, whats the worst they can say, no......
Who do ya'll think I should go and talk to, the dealer???
Well I was going to try the eagle one stuff first, but I guess
I'll just wait on that....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts