Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my CUE screen replaced because at times, it would become unresponsive. Everything about the new screen is great except for one little area that only appears when I have the navigation in 3D mode. It is a little area under the top heading. It looks like clouds or something but it only appears in the 3D mode. When it is any other mode, that area is not there & the map extends into that area.

XTS4.jpg

Is this normal?

Thanks,

Max

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Platinum
174 Posts
Yes, that's normal. It's a reflection of the weather conditions. Unfortunately, with the dark background graphic, you don't see as much of the weather as you used to see in prior XTS years (I've had a '13 and '16). When it rains, you'll have a rain graphic at the top, etc.

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for your reply! I appreciate it! So if it's sunny, that won't be there?

Max

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Platinum
174 Posts
Can't recall the sunny graphic at the moment, but I'm sure you'll be able to see it when you hit a sunny day. That space is just one of those things that's there and now I don't notice it. And, now I use Apple CarPlay almost all the time (and WAZE), so that weather graphic isn't there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts