Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new to the forum and was curious on everyones experiences with the Escalade. The one i am looking at is a 2010 ESV Platinum with 113K miles. Its a lot more than I wanted on it but have heard very good things on the SUV. Very reliable from what I have heard... I plan on using it for many 2 hour trips back and forth (school ------> home) and getting around town. LOVE the body style and was just wanted to pick everyones mind.

·
Registered
993 Posts
It all boils down to how it was maintained by the previous owner. If it had regular oil changes, transmission fluid change, etc., then I would purchase one with 100,000 miles if the price was right. Take it into a GM dealership and see the history of the truck. Are you buying it from a dealership or private party?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
As said above you just do not know how it was cared for, at over 100k miles the price would have to be cheap, front diffs can be an issue, also I would smell the trans fluid and make sure you have no burnt smell, have front end check out well that is a lot of miles with 22" wheels

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
I'm 15 years old and well I use my 2009 escalade to go to my school and back and be prepared for the attention and the girls who gonna come for the money ;) but other wise I recommend that you don't go to a Cadillac dealer ship it's $140 to investigate 1!!! Problem and if they don't find anything your screwed I know I'm 15 years old but I know what I'm talking about haha but be prepared for the gas bills lmao but other wise the girls love it and so do my freinds I play foot ball and well it's what we ride around in but you won't regret it if there are ever any problems take it to an advanced auto parts and they will tell you exactly what's wrong with it so never go to the Cadillac dealership

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sorry it's a 2007 escalade and it's red with the 22" chrome rims and it's the sport kind

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
Sorry it's a 2007 escalade and it's red with the 22" chrome rims and it's the sport kind
I think I saw another post where you call it the sport kind. You said it wasn't the long one but the sport kind (or something close to that). Anyway, members call it a short box. Auto stores call it a base escalade. Just wanted to give you a heads up so other members know what you're talking about. I think you joined not too long ago so welcome!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks haha bear with me haha I'm only 16

·
Registered
167 Posts
I got the factory 22" chrome haha but ok I hope I get the lingo haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts