Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 2012 Escalade Plat with 129K miles on it. Florida car. Owned it since Jan 20 and love it. I have had a couple episodes where from a stop the vehicle hesitates and the "bucks", looking at the Nav/audio screen says "please wait". Then some of the electrical accessories don't work. This has happened twice and today it happened while I was driving it. The car stated bucking, the nav screen displayed "please wait" this time its did it several times in a row and the door locks were locking and unlocking on their own. Even the AC settings changed and I had to reset the clock to the correct time. No codes thrown. I checked the cables on the battery and they are clean and tight. I suspect a computer module failing but which one? The Body Control is at the top of my list. Any ideas? Also, any moderately priced scan tool that will help me diagnose this issue ? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2013 Escalade esv Platinum AWD
41 Posts
I would suspect ground issues, there are several ground points on vehicle. I believe the ecm runs engine operations and a different system runs interior functions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would suspect ground issues, there are several ground points on vehicle. I believe the ecm runs engine operations and a different system runs interior functions.
update: had a no crank-no start-no power incident a few days ago. After 30 min it started and ran normally. Spoke to technician over at Just Answer. After hearing about the intermittent failures of electrical accessories (power step/ anti theft / rear hatch / radio- nav screen) he thought BCM. I removed it yesterday and sent it to a place in Jacksonville FL called Module Experts. $149 will get my BCM diagnosed and repaired. Three day turn around. The best part is no reprogramming or key learning is required when reinstalling. I’ll update after I get it put back in. I also did a voltage drop test which indicated battery and cables in good shape.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts