Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a small problem. I tried to jump start my 93 Allante from under the hood. It started immediately then stalled when I took off jumper cables. No problem. I put jumper back on and had NO power at that access under hood like I did before starting the car. So I went directly to the battery behind seat and had power and car started. All is good.
My QUESTION......is there a fuse or relay somewhere between the postivie post under hood and the battery?
Thanks for any help.
Rob

·
Registered
1993 allante 91 allante
128 Posts
No, Rob you probably didn't have a good connection to the post or ground. That cable runs from the battery to that jump point and then to the starter no fuses.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, Rob you probably didn't have a good connection to the post or ground. That cable runs from the battery to that jump point and then to the starter no fuses.
I checked with a jump pak AND jumper cables multiple times. It is NOT the connections. It has to be the car.
Rob.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,498 Posts
Sorry but my personal feeling is that I always have a factory service manual even for cars I do not own. (/rant) Anymore I prefer searchable .pdfs. Makes troubleshooting much easier. As you can see there is a direct connection from the battery to the underhood junction. No fuse. That also powers the starter so if it cranks you have power there.

ps did you check the grounds ? A bad ground can read strangely on a meter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another question.....had to jump car again....ugh. Tried under the hood again and would NOT start, like NO power. This baffles me. Had to go straight to battery to jump. Battery was dead dead dead. It took a few times to get it to run on it's own.
The question is....could malfuntioning door locks draw on the battery? It's the only thing, besides the under hood positive cable, that's different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts