Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the positive battery cable on my 2001 Catera, it looks like the end near the battery got hot and it’s real flimsy and such.
What does this cable look like? I just wanted to buy a cable from autozone but I have questions if that will work. The AllData says to remove the connections at the starter motor, at the starter solenoid, and at the alternator. Does the Catera cable have different splices in it at various points, or if I remember correctly is there just a smaller wire going from the alternator to the starter? I’m just kind of wondering what it looks like.
Thanks

·
Registered
2000 Catera Sport
390 Posts
I want to replace the positive battery cable on my 2001 Catera, it looks like the end near the battery got hot and it’s real flimsy and such.
What does this cable look like? I just wanted to buy a cable from autozone but I have questions if that will work. The AllData says to remove the connections at the starter motor, at the starter solenoid, and at the alternator. Does the Catera cable have different splices in it at various points, or if I remember correctly is there just a smaller wire going from the alternator to the starter? I’m just kind of wondering what it looks like.
Thanks

Not sure but the dealer wanted like $300 or some rediculous amount for one and a guy on ebay is selling them for $180. FYI. I know youre just replacing yours with one from a parts store. I know it splices off at least a couple times. This guy says his problem was fixed after he replaced the whole wire but was told that he coulda just cleaned the connector at the battery post. Someone else mentioned that here as well. Thats where I'm gonna start.

The dealer lists replacing the cable as a 2.5 hour job BTW.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forum/t-14657.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts