Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted a few pictures on a different thread a while back and seemed to get a lot of compliments and questions. So here is a thread dedicated to my POR-15 undercoating.

I pulled the wheels, the plastic fender liners and exhaust.
I then used a brass wire brush on a drill to get the rough stuff off the welds.
After that I used naval jelly on any remaining rust spots which virtually took it back down to bare metal.
Next I sprayed on POR-15's "Marine Clean" on the entire under-body.Then rinse.
Then I sprayed POR-15's "Prep & Ready" on the entire under-body.
Keep wet with Prep & Ready for at least 30 minutes. Then rinse.
Once BONE DRY I then used a foam brush and applied actual "POR-15" to all rusted spots.
Finally I sprayed on POR-15's "Chassis Coat" to everything to make it look like the pictures shown.
I also used a can or two of 3m Rubberized undercoating in the upper wheel-wells.

Car spent a good week and a half on jack stands. Sure was a lot of time on a creeper. :cool:

Supplies were:
- POR-15 starter kit. I didn't need a lot of POR-15 so it just came with a little can and then it also came with the Marine Clean and Prep & Ready.
- 1 Jar of Naval Jelly from hardware store.
- I used 5 spray cans of Chassis Coat to spray everything.
- 1 and 1/2 cans of 3m Rubberized undercoating from the hardware store.

The before pictures are actually after I used the wire brush, so it didn't look quite that rough before I started

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,029 Posts
Looks great! My front cross-member has definitely got some of that same sort of rust. Not sure I'm this motivated to clean it up, though! :p

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
250 Posts
Not sure I'm this motivated to clean it up, though! :p
No shit! Great job! HUGE difference! Sevillian, how 'bout you come down to Charlotte, and do mine. :bigroll: Free lodging, food, beer. It'll be like a V meet. We'll drive the Diamond and Dragon while you're down here! I bet killernoodle would come out too. :highfive:

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No shit! Great job! HUGE difference! Sevillian, how 'bout you come down to Charlotte, and do mine. :bigroll: Free lodging, food, beer. It'll be like a V meet. We'll drive the Diamond and Dragon while you're down here! I bet killernoodle would come out too. :highfive:
Thanks! Be right down there, ha ha :).

I do want to come down and drive the Dragon some day.

Forgot to mention: wherever it says "rinse" up there... means I was rising the bottom of the car off with the hose while on a creeper. :worship: glad I'm done with it.

I bought most of my supplies months before I actually decided to tackle the job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts