Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 ATS 2.0T RWD sedan rwd. Every time I accelerate from a stop I hear and can feel a loud pop coming from under the car. I replaced the driveshaft and I still have the same problem. Does any know what’s wrong with my car?!?!?

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
3,335 Posts
2014 ATS 2.0T RWD sedan rwd. Every time I accelerate from a stop I hear and can feel a loud pop coming from under the car. I replaced the driveshaft and I still have the same problem. Does any know what’s wrong with my car?!?!?
Any chance you can make a recording of the sound? It might help someone recognize it.

Can you get the same pop if you downshift with your foot off of the throttle and cause it to do heavy engine braking?

If you let the car slow on its own to a near stop without touching the brakes and then accelerate away, does it make the same noise?

Rodger

Reactions: robertorolfo

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L Luxury
499 Posts
From about where under the car? If the middle, could be the trans mount. If at rear, could be a suspension bushing. Also possible exhaust could be hitting underbody.

Having someone in back seat could help localize the area to investigate. If you think it's driveline related, hold it in low gear then get on and off the gas to see if that helps back seat assistant tell where it's coming from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts