Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SRX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago, we had the seat bolt recall performed on our 2011 SRX. My wife, with shorter legs, began to complain about a popping noise from the left side of the drivers seat when she reset the seat to a higher setting from my lower position. The left rear seat track vertical adjusting device would 'pop' when the seat was raised or lowered.

Returned to our dealer = said they have had others with this problem -- "the replacement bolt was too long and would rub against a spring - because of the recall; they must wait for Cadillac to release an update for the recall."

Has anyone else experienced this concern???

Cadillac Customer Service: As US President Ronald Reagan said, " Trust; but, verify". Would you verify that Cadillac is aware of this concern. If so, when should we expect an update?

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
There is a web site called glassdoor.com that allows, among other things, employees to review companies they are working for or have worked for in the past. I did a search for the local GM Innovation Center here in Austin, TX. There were a number of reviews that said that the company was willing to sacrifice quality so something could be released quickly.

Here is one such example: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-General-Motors-RVW5174475.htm

Granted this is for IT (Information Technology) but corporate culture has a way of spilling over into other areas of the company.

Here's the IT reviews of current and former employees in Austin, TX at the GM Innovation Center: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/General-Motors-Austin-Reviews-EI_IE279.0,14_IL.15,21_IM60.htm?sort.sortType=RD&sort.ascending=false

12,776 Posts
Hi carman603,
I’m sorry you are experiencing concerns with a popping sound on the diver side seat of your SRX. I understand the inconvenience this has caused to you, especially after already visiting the dealership for a recall. If you could please send us a private message with your contact information and VIN, we can look into your concerns and assist your further.

Best,

Alex H.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,753 Posts
Cadillac Customer Service: As US President Ronald Reagan said, " Trust; but, verify". Would you verify that Cadillac is aware of this concern. If so, when should we expect an update?[/QUOTE]

If you hold your breath waiting for an answer to your question, you will eventually lose consciousness.

You will NEVER get a verification, explanation, or vindication of anything technical from Cadillac Customer Service; only an empathetic acknowledgement or apology on behalf of Cadillac for your frustration and a PM request. They don't answer questions online, but can refer them to someone else who can offline via PM.

I would love to read a case study where a commonly-identified problem (SRX plugged UltraView drain lines, for just one example) where customer concerns gathered through these forums were escalated to the head of technical management with a definitive answer and properly communicated resolution within the forum. These forums belong to the most comprehensive, Cadillac-themed site on the internet and an invaluable asset for Cadillac to gauge customer issues/frustration with the brand. A more robust, informative presence (like periodic messages from the corporate VPs, or town hall-style meetings once a quarter with technical managers who can implement change) could be transformational for the brand and customers; they're missing a huge opportunity here.

I understand why Cadillac avoids a shooting gallery-style presence on this site, but there has to be a happy medium that shows they really are listening, forwarding common problems, and detailing resolutions. Instead, you'll read one-offs, where an owner might report, "Cadillac Customer Service interceded on my behalf and forced/shamed my dealership into fixing my problem under warranty. I explained that many other owners on this site are having the same problem that the dealership would not acknowledge."

With sales faltering, Cadillac needs all the help it can get. A comprehensive, meaningful social media presence couldn't hurt, along with realistic pricing.

Just my .02,

CCC

·
Registered
2010 SRX
188 Posts
I've had my 2010 for over two years and never received a seat bolt recall; just one for torque-nut and one for lift gate struts.

·
Registered
2011 SRX premium
6 Posts
My seat does the exact same thing whenever I return it to the upper position after I had the recall done. They also did the sunroof drains (first for the chevy dealer) and I'm hoping I never have a problem. Now my liftgate is falling on my head daily and I dont remember ever receiving a recall notice!

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
My seat does the exact same thing whenever I return it to the upper position after I had the recall done. They also did the sunroof drains (first for the chevy dealer) and I'm hoping I never have a problem. Now my liftgate is falling on my head daily and I dont remember ever receiving a recall notice!
Go to https://recalls.gm.com and enter your VIN to find all recalls for your SRX.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts