Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS Premium
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. The pop up navi in my 2010 CTS is doing its own thing. When the car is turned on the Cadillac emblem will appear on the screen as it should but it never goes away. You can even lower the navi and the top of the emblem can still be seen. I can't use the navigation, see the radio controls, select music from the hard drive or anything else. Suggestions?

Thanks for the response.

Eric

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Sounds like a dealership visit is in order.

·
Registered
2001 SLS & 2012 CTS
57 Posts
From my understanding the hard drive in the unit crashed.

Just happened to mine about 3 weeks ago.... thanks to the factory warranty, I had it fixed in a few days.

·
Registered
2009 CTS4 Premium & 2012 SRX4 Luxury
605 Posts
So my 2009 has a 40Gb hard drive. It sounds like a typical laptop drive in the center console. If it would ever crash, or I get tired of the noise, is it possible to replace it with another standard 2.5" SATA drive or possibly even a Solid State Drive so there's no noise?

·
Registered
CTS 2008 3.6DI Sport Luxury
1,027 Posts
It is good question, hardisk knock reminds me noise of old laptop. I would like to replace it by ssd disk. Is this standard hardisk like in computers or special one (dimension, mount, interface)?

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
Hello all. The pop up navi in my 2010 CTS is doing its own thing. When the car is turned on the Cadillac emblem will appear on the screen as it should but it never goes away. You can even lower the navi and the top of the emblem can still be seen. I can't use the navigation, see the radio controls, select music from the hard drive or anything else. Suggestions?

Thanks for the response.

Eric
^ Eric - When the car is initially turned on... before you see the Cadillac emblem that's displaying full time... does the (several second duration) stylized system launch video run on the screen? I'm guessing the HDD - which is housed inside the main radio unit (located inside the center stack) - may not be working properly, or not at all.
However.. before you bring your car to the dealer for the problem you may want to check the fuse for your Nav/Infotainment system - it's located on the fuse block in the trunk (see owner's manual). I don't know what the full practical result is for a blown audio system fuse (on cars equipped with the Nav/Infotainment system), but it's at least possible that you end up with a default full-time Cadillac emblem displayed on the nav screen, and nothing else.
Good luck, and let us know how it all goes.

Richard

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,187 Posts
Good thought, Richard.

12,778 Posts

Thanks for the response.

Eric
Hello Eric,

I apologize that you're experiencing navigation concerns. It appears that you are just trying to gather information from the forum members. If at any time you feel this requires your dealership to get involved, please private message me and I will be happy to assist you. If you choose to private message me, be sure to include your VIN, mileage, full contact information, and your preferred dealership.

Katie O.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 8 of 8 Posts