Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac XTS Premium, White Diamond
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Premium sound system has very poor bass, it sounds like the music has no life and you can barely hear the kick drums or bass guitars I mainly listen to jazz. Also the HD radio is completely unlistenable it sounds like it has a capacitor going bad, with distorted highs.
I have taken the car to the at least 4 times for this, first did not hear it, then they don't know how to fix it. I have been taken it Fitzgerald in Annapolis, Maryland but need to a different one they don't give loner cars and look like they are more geared to VW they service there to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is it an XM channel you are listening too? I ask this because a couple of days ago I was listening to lithium on XM and the sound quality was awful. Other channels were fine. Next day lithium was fine. I thought it was something wrong with my sound system.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Many of the XM stations are just average quality... Unfortunately you can always tell with the Bose and Harmon Kardon systems.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac XTS Premium, White Diamond
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's on all music, even turning up the bass does nothing. It just sounds like there's a range of frequencies missing. I can feel the sub is working in the trunk so it's not the problem, it is like no low freq are coming from any of the door speakers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts