Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a kill thread...

I spend so much time in the Town Car and see so many instances I wish I were in the V, it gets irritating. So yesterday after work, I head to see my grandmother who just had gotten out of the hospital. Of course, my grandparents have that way of making me stay much, much later than I need to be. I got to be up at 3:30 and I finally leave at 10:30PM.

So I'm heading home and I'm on I-95. I come upon a slow car in the middle lane but need to wait for 2 cars coming up quickly in the slow lane. One was a LS2 powered GTO. They pass, the GTO slows down. It's late, I'm almost comatose and I have my 8 month old puppy in the back seat trying to sleep on the seat.

So for about 12 miles, this GTO is trying to get me to go. And I'm just not into it. Nevermind that that part of I-95 is heavily patrolled. Once we pass I-93, we get into a less patrolled area and these guys are still trying to get me to race. Unless I deke them out of just slow way down, I'm not getting over to my exit. So about 3 miles before, I drop it down to 3rd gear to give these guys what they want. Waiting for a horn, I give a quick blip of the throttle and the GTO just takes off. I should've moved over right away but before I do, the GTO slows way down and now they really want to go.

So I shift into 4th and look over. He gives what I heard was 2 honks and he goes. So I go. In 4th. At about 3400rpm. He pulls immediately about 2 lengths. As I start to hit the sweet part of the powerband, the acceleration gap shortens. But I didn't gain on him. But once I hit redline in 4th, I shut it down and moved over to take my exit.

I always get irritated at the lack of opportunities when I'm in the V, but last night, I just wasn't in the mood. I wanted no part of this race. This guy had a full exhaust, including headers and probably other stuff. His plate said WHONOS.

Just figured I'd let you know in case there's some CTS-V kill thread going on in a GTO forum...

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I can empathize- I've let a few tools think they won because I just wasn't in the mood, nor did I feel like a ticket that day.

I always feel guilty afterwards, like I let you fellow V owners down. Hey- at least it wasn't a Volvo Type Arrrhhh. :doh:

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
"We are all now dumber for having litened to that." - some guy in Happy Gilmore.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I laid waste to a GTO about 2 weeks ago and got a comment, "Wow...that thing is FAST!" The truly humorous thing is that he had NO CLUE WHAT A V WAS. I have a feeling he is somewhat aware now.

Unfortunately, or fortunately for other V owners, I'm supercharged, so he might go on thinking that they are ALL THAT WAY from the factory... :thumbsup: :)

·
Registered
05 CTS-V Black;08 Yukon Denali
276 Posts
I can empathize- I've let a few tools think they won because I just wasn't in the mood, nor did I feel like a ticket that day.

I always feel guilty afterwards, like I let you fellow V owners down. Hey- at least it wasn't a Volvo Type Arrrhhh. :doh:
Funny, I had some Ahole in a new G35"S" try to race me on a traffic filled highway and his first move was to weave 2 lanes into the shoulder to pass 2 cars. I definitely let him go as I am not going to drive that way, and he kept accelerating and got off at the next exit about a mile later...and felt the same way....guilty that I let that sorry sob do that to me, but then I figured most of us would not pull some kind of chicken $hit stunt like that if they were going to run someone....I guess I should expect that from a G35 "S' owner....

·
Registered
Cadillac
739 Posts
Not in the mood? I dont get it...

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)
820 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Actually, I think all CTS-Vs should come from the factory with a supercharged LS6/LS2, or even, LS7 motor. :) :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts