Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CTS V-Sport, 2017 XT5
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you have had any issues with the radio reception being poor in your CTS. It's not that there's static, but rather it just fads in and out, and I swear that it's a recent development.

I brought it to the dealer, and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it and that it sounded fine.

Is there something I can check myself, or have them do?

I think when I go to pick it up, I'll ask to take a listen in one of their cars and see if there's a difference.

Thanks for your help!

-Mark

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Mark,

There is a dome light in the back window area in the headliner.
There is a small rectangular door in it, pry it gently open and you'll see a 10mm head bolt.
Loosen that bolt a little, and then tighten it back up nice and snug, be careful not to break the screw.

That is the ground for the antenna module, sometimes they get loose and cause poor reception problems.
Also sneaking out from under the headliner are two snap on wires, make sure they are secure to the glass. If they come loose you'll have reception issues too. These have an amplified electronic antenna unit. They work great until the ground comes loose or you unplug one of the wires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts