Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While reading a thread in the Seville section, a gentleman from Pensacola, was talking about among other things, a pool of water in the trunk. I checked my 98 Deville, and sure enough, there was a puddle. Now, what causes this, is there a bad seam, or is the gasket around the outside of the trunk the blame. The main floor of the trunk is not wet at all. I also when reading another thread, found out that yellow on the drivers side mirror is not good. I always thought it was there for a reason. These forums are the greatest. Any ideas as to how to fix the leak into the trunk?

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Hopefully it's a leak in the seal and not a bad seam. Carefully inspect the seal and areas around it for signs of moisture passing into the trunk. Water usually leaves a residue, if you look closely you may be able to find it.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Deville, 2004 Cadillac DTS, 2011 CTS AWD Coupe
331 Posts
Yellow/gold is not ok on the drivers side mirror? lol I thought it was always there because of its "antideflective capabilities/heating abilities" Not sure though

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
My '97 Deville had a gold tint to the drivers side morror from the day I bought it with 17K on it. Sold it in Oct. with 107K and it still works.

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice, Kev...It was a real warm day today, so I went out and looked closely at the Weatherstripping around the trunk, sure enough, there was a flat depression in the middle of the left side, problem solved... now I hope my local dealer will still have the weatherstriping in stock. As for the mirror, it does not seem to defrost the way the other side does, it also does not dim very well, when i looked closely at it today, there were purple blotches in it. Oh well some Caddie dealer is going to have a merry christmas when I visit his parts department. Thanks again folks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts