Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not a huge fan of 4 bangers, but omg. i saw a black pontiac solstice today while i was driving around. i was technically supposed to be in school, but who cares, thats not the point. this guy took a turn and got into it real hard and wham, the back of the car was sliding around the corner. had a pretty cool exhaust note for a 4 cylinder too.

that car looked sick.

http://www.powersys.com/auto_show2005/large/Pontiac%20Solstice-pt.jpg

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
pimpin88 said:
im not a huge fan of 4 bangers, but omg. i saw a black pontiac solstice today while i was driving around. i was technically supposed to be in school, but who cares, thats not the point. this guy took a turn and got into it real hard and wham, the back of the car was sliding around the corner. had a pretty cool exhaust note for a 4 cylinder too.

that car looked sick.

I didn't know that little ecotec could cause the rear to slide out with meaty 18 inch tires....hmm

I much prefer the Saturn Sky!

Lemme know if anyone spots one of those.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
I think the Pontiac and Saturn will both gain a strong following. They're both stylish little roadster cars, which tend to do well in the US. At least the Z3, Z4, Boxter, and Miata have had good success. As long as they are affordable I think you'll be seeing lots of these cars next summer.

ETA: now stop skipping school!! :D ;)

Attachments

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
The best feature of the Solstice is its price. The Solstice turbo next year is actually going to be fast. Not just Miata fast, ACTUALLY fast.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
powerglide said:
I didn't know that little ecotec could cause the rear to slide out with meaty 18 inch tires....hmm

I much prefer the Saturn Sky!

Lemme know if anyone spots one of those.
ill keep you posted , saturn is the "other side" of the dealership i work at , there transporters have to go thru my drive .....and they usualy show up mon-fri at around 11

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
on a side note .....the guy that runs the whole dealer is bringing me in tomorrow for a "speical project" , he found out about my pressurewasher and needs me to clean the saturn area up ....he says its for a "big party" and we susualy throw those for critical introductions , our last "big party" was for the STS.....

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Stoneage_Caddy said:
on a side note .....the guy that runs the whole dealer is bringing me in tomorrow for a "speical project" , he found out about my pressurewasher and needs me to clean the saturn area up ....he says its for a "big party" and we susualy throw those for critical introductions , our last "big party" was for the STS.....
You are getting handsomely compensated for that right?

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
damn right i am ...i dont pimp my pressurewasher out for free , oh and im getting a bit above my usualy hourly ....

apprently voulnteering for it also was the finial nail in getting me promoted , in 3 weeks i handle all inbound new and used car service/PDI , setting up workorders and seeing to it that each is done ....

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Stoneage_Caddy said:
damn right i am ...i dont pimp my pressurewasher out for free , oh and im getting a bit above my usualy hourly ....

apprently voulnteering for it also was the finial nail in getting me promoted , in 3 weeks i handle all inbound new and used car service/PDI , setting up workorders and seeing to it that each is done ....
Which also includes a pay raise I hope. Good news Stoney! You still like it there?

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
yah , ive had a could bad weeks recently and thought about leaving, thing have been really rough ......they appologized for what all happend , it was justt he nature of the beast , basicly they know ill bust my ass for them and there takeing adavantage of having a guy like me around who isnt there for just a paycheck .....they said the worst thing that could happen for them is to loose me , i pretty much keep the serivce side of the dealer running smoothly , but my position right now isnt doing that ....it just worked out that way .....

side note , yup theres a raise involved

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Good. You know what they say about talk. 'Atta boy's don't put gas in the tank or food in the gut. Appreciation is best demonstrated monetarily in the work force. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
LittleB said:
It's too small.
Maybe, but you have to admit, it's a cute little car and looks like it might be fun on a warm sunny day. :)

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
It's the "Testosterone Curse", turns us guys into (unthinking bafoons?) sometimes. :halo:

That may be too harsh....

It causes brain dammage.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
At least we have something to compete with the S2000 now. Although the LS2 is not a factory option, I don't remember the last time a 400hp SBC engine fit into a honda... :sneaky: If I had the money, I would palce an order for an LS2 Sky tomorrow, but alas...I am broke and can't afford anything right now. Oh well, I can dream can't I... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wait, are they seriously going to put an LS2 in there, or are you guys just hoping. lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
10 Participants
Stoneage_Caddy