Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time deciding which color I want to order:

Do you all think the black looks better on the exterior, or the white diamond?

Also I have a question on the interior color. Any previous feedback would be appreciated. Is it hard to keep the tan interior clean over time (especially where the feet touch the carpet?)'

Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Prior to the '08 CTS, we had an '04 CTS that we purchased new. It had the Cashmere interior. I washed the floor mats a total of 2 times in 4 years. Just sold the car and the mats look like new. The Cashmere leather surfaces will require an occasional cleaning and conditioning, but you should do that for all leather.

I also have an 18 month old C6 with the Cashmere interior. Although it is my daily driver, the mats still look like new, as does the leather.

If you are concerned about the floor mats, order some aftermarket mats in brown to match the Cocoa accents.

On the exterior color, I'd never get a black car. They are just too hard to keep looking really nice. White Diamond, on the other hand, is an easy color to keep looking great.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1989 Cadillac Brougham 2003 Cadillac Seville SLS
184 Posts
I am partial to black....black on black. Black can be a hard vehicle to keep clean at times, but it is definetely rewarding when it is clean. Not only that, but the car will look extremely sweet at dusk when the light pipes are on and you have the shiny wheels and all that chrome!!! Black interior is my favorite. If you are not into black, have you thought of the Crimson Red? I know it is extra money but that color looks sweet too. If I were to order one tomorrow, it would be hard to choose, but I would probably end up going with black on black.

·
Registered
Cadillac
35 Posts
Each to his own. We have a black 05 CTS with a Black 08 CTS on order. We also have a black Z06 and a black Harley. I wash them all once a week and don't mind it at all. I guess I have gotten rather good at it so it don't take long. I use Zaino products which makes it very easy to clean. Get a black one!

·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
Between Raven Black and Diamond White, huh?
That is a hard choice.

If you get Raven Black, get the black interior and tint the windows too. The Ebony interior would also look REALLY good.
If you get Diamond White, either interior color will look good - tint the windows too.

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport Premium
129 Posts
Your question is one I debated for weeks. Tough decision.

I have a Magnetic Red Corvette with the cashmere interior, and the interior is easy for me to keep clean. I also have a black sedan with the tan interior. Again, no problems keeping the interior clean. For me, the lighter color makes the interior feel larger and cooler. I personally don't care for ebony colored carpet which comes with both the titanium and ebony leather. Having seen all three interior colors at the dealer, the cashmere and ebony looks best with the wood trim, and the carbon trim looks best with the titanium; and I want the wood trim.

So what are my color choices for the '08 CTS? The interior color was a given, so I then decided which exterior color looked great with cashmere. Since I already have red and cashmere and black and cashmere cars, I've gotta go with white diamond and cashmere. Over the years this combination caught my eye many times and I decided it looked epsecially good on the '08 CTS with the exterior chrome and polished 18 in. wheels. My second choice was black with cashmere. This of course would have been $900 cheaper.

·
Registered
Cadillac
20 Posts
In my opinion no color looks better on a car than Black when the paint is pristine and it is freshly detailed. That being said, I can remember how nice I thought a Black 2003 Grand Prix GTP I used to own looked when it was new. After a couple years I traded it in and swore never to buy a Black car again.

I think the Diamond White is a spectacular color though!!! I would have ordered it over the Crystal Red I got except my boss has a Diamond White STS and I didn't want the same color as him...

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
i vote white diamond. obviously...

black is to hard to keep clean, and keep looking nice in the long run. it shows everything...

·
Registered
2012 Crystal Red CTS Coupe with Ebony Interior
452 Posts
I had an 05 CTS in diamond white which I bought brand new(factory ordered).The rear bumper was a different shade than the rest of the car. I didn't notice it at first but once I saw it it stuck out like a sore thumb.I brought it back to the dealership and they said that there was nothing that they could do about it and I contacted Cadillac and they said that there was nothing that they would do about it. They said that it was that way because the bumpers were painted at a different time from the car. Over the years I checked out every white CTS that I saw and quite a few had the same defect. So before you spend $995 on special paint check out a few and see if they have gotten their paint process any better.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS4, Performance Collection, NAV, AWD
875 Posts
you know, i've always said that to my dad about my bumper (also white diamond) and he's like no no it's just the light, but i swore it was just a little bit different. mine isn't that bad, only reason i notice it is because i actually eye my car down pretty hard core on a daily basis. most people don't even notice

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Here's my White Diamond:

No noticeable color difference on the various panels. However, there is a difference between the overall color of our '04 White Diamond and our '08 White Diamond. They were sitting side by side a few days ago, and the '04 was whiter than the '08.

:cheers:

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
Here's my White Diamond:
No noticeable color difference on the various panels. However, there is a difference between the overall color of our '04 White Diamond and our '08 White Diamond. They were sitting side by side a few days ago, and the '04 was whiter than the '08.
I like the color White Diamond most of the time, and particularly so in the excellent photos Zymurgy has posted of his new '08 CTS. However, depending on the time of day and the available lighting (ambient or otherwise), I've seen that a yellow hue can become quite evident in this paint color, as if the paint has yellowed. My wife sometimes refers to the variations of White Diamond seen on various car brands as 'white gone bad'. That's obviously a severe take on the color. But I did hope that Cadillac would have made White Diamond a more brilliant white on the new CTS. I inspected an '08 CTS painted White Diamond a couple of weeks back, and on the day I did find the paint to have a yellowish tinge. I'm not sure if I could live with that aspect over the long term.
The ease of care and non-swirl-mark benefits of White Diamond can also be found with the color Light Platinum. That's the color I chose for the '08 CTS that I have on order.
Having said all that, I've just discovered my next door neighbor has also ordered an '08 CTS. Color? White Diamond.
Cheers
Rab.

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
The white diamond is a stunning color! Congratulations..

The blue is sharp too..

The red quite sporty.

The black very sinister.

The silver very elegant.

the car is just very good looking in almost any color.

They did a good job..

Its really personal preference..

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
The white diamond is a stunning color! Congratulations..
The blue is sharp too..
The red quite sporty.
The black very sinister.
The silver very elegant.
the car is just very good looking in almost any color.
They did a good job..
Its really personal preference..
Absolutely JB. You nailed it.
It all comes down to personal preference. It's a bit like wine.
As well... what you happen to really prefer today can change after a relatively short time. That particular aspect is what often makes color choice the most difficult choice of all.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
had an '05 white diamond and just ordered a black/black '08 - found that keeping the light interior clean was a problem for me inc. carpets and, while I loved the whire diamond exterior,didnt want to spring for the premium paint this go around since sticker is few thousand over where I was for the '05 - I personally like the Thunder Gray exterior for the 08 but couldnt afford it and the oprtions I wanted so black/black which is also awesome looking is what I'll be driving - good luck

·
Registered
887 Posts
i have a 2004 cts white diamond the paint is very nice till this day......sure is bright white compared to the 2008 cts.........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts