Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
05 V - Procharged / N20 - yea, why not.
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what people are getting for MAX (limit of pump setup) RWHP (roughly) with

a) Stock pump no supporting accessories
b) stock pump with HOT WIRE Racetronix kit

c) stock pump with Hotwire Racetronix kit w/ boost a pump type devices

d) 255 walbro

e) your custom setup

Cheers

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
a.) 522 rwhp, but not cutting it (used to detonate even at 468 rwhp)

e.) Aeromotive 340, installing "next week"

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
You should probably add;

Stock Pump w/ Magnavolt

That is what most Maggie owners have.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Working on this right now. Magnavolt may or may not be kaput (spelling). So I'm wondering what you guys have cuz I'm over 90% injector duty cycle (60lbs) at 10:1 AFR (purposely rich till I finish tuning) and spraying 50/50 Meth.

Hope I have something to contribute before this thread gets too stale.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a.) 522 rwhp, but not cutting it (used to detonate even at 468 rwhp)

e.) Aeromotive 340, installing "next week"
Just wondering, is the 340 a direct replacement in tank? (stock in tank regulator?)
which part number?

This pump is roughly 280lph at 60psi, correct?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
That's the correct spelling, alright. What happened?
Didn't want to jack this thread so I tried to send you a PM :bigroll:

I thought a Magnavolt was a randomly self-activated fuel cut-off device.
In its defense, the Magnavolt did NOT cut my fuel. It may still be working correctly,,,,or it may not :canttalk:

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Will be installing the Aeromotive 340 this weekend, with racetronix harness and kennebell BAP.
Hopefully the failed unit is a rare occurance.

·
Registered
'06 DTS performance; CowboyCadillac='12 SVT Raptor; 2014 XTS-Vsport
634 Posts
Working on this right now. Magnavolt may or may not be kaput (spelling). So I'm wondering what you guys have cuz I'm over 90% injector duty cycle (60lbs) at 10:1 AFR (purposely rich till I finish tuning) and spraying 50/50 Meth.

Hope I have something to contribute before this thread gets too stale.
:hmm:Hmmm, You have 60 Lb fuel injectors at 90% duty cycle OR your fuel pressure is at 60psi???

:coffee: 60 LB injectors should get you all the way to 750 HP at the crank with 60 lbs. of fuel pressure at the rail and 80% duty cycle.

Please explain :vulcan:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:hmm:Hmmm, You have 60 Lb fuel injectors at 90% duty cycle OR your fuel pressure is at 60psi???

:coffee: 60 LB injectors should get you all the way to 750 HP at the crank with 60 lbs. of fuel pressure at the rail and 80% duty cycle.

Unless running E85.
or pressure is dropping.

more details.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts

Unless running E85.
or pressure is dropping.

more details.
I have 60lb injectors. No idea what the rail pressure is. I'm seeing a steady 10:1 AFR up to 6300 rpm on E10.
In the morning I'll unplug the boost line to the magnavolt. If the AFR doesn't change, I'll assume the BAP is indeed kaput. Either way, I'll bring the AFR up a little over 11:1 and see how much the duty cycle drops. I suppose at some point I should get a fuel pressure gauge.

Hopefully I get this all sorted out (not to mention off my ass) and get to a dyno before it gets too warm. Would be nice to get some dyno numbers that aren't watered down.

Tony

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Update: Magnavolt is working. AFR went up to 13:1with it disconnected and I let off. Re-connected the BAP and set my PE above 5500rpm (this is where the MAF tops out. I'll sort below 5500 later) to 11:1 AFR and went for another run. Managed to get it up to 6600rpm at WOT. With the leaner mixture I topped out right at 80% injector duty cycle (usually considered the max you should run your injectors) with a quick spike up to 81 at the end. I usually ignore those spikes as your letting off the gas violently.

So I'm happy I don't need to upgrade anything at this point. I can finish this tune and hopefully get her on the dyno to maximize the timing.

So for the purpose of this thread I need to get HP/TQ numbers and fuel rail pressure, correct? I can buy a sensor kit that workes with my gauge, but to be honest, I'll never get around to it. I guess I can just connect one directly to the fuel rail and wait till she's on the dyno to actually see the reading. And recommendations on this?

Setup: Maggie 112, Magnavolt, 2.6" drive pulley (still no slip), 90mm snout with LS2 TB, RT cats, LPE CAI and running a 50/50 mix of meth. At this point she's maxed out.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Racetronix harness, kyosan intank pump (295lph I think) also from racetronix. About 520ish rwhp. but my injectors are the limit right now, not fueling.

I have a KB but haven`t installed it. For those running KB BAPs, where do you wire the boost wires to. I didn`t get a manual with mine, bought used.

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,082 Posts
stock pump & wiring.

42 Lb injectors

420ish rwhp.

Zero issues for 50k miles.

My old Injectors were almost at 100% IDC at 380 rwhp.

-Chris

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Just installed the aeromotive 340, got my fingers crossed on reliability, may just carry around the stocker in the trunk. I haven't intstalled the racetronics hot wire kit yet or the Kenne bell BAP, probably next day or so. I'll be running 65# injectors, just waiting on few parts and the Whipple will be going on. My intercooler and pump is already installed, ready to connect the last couple hoses right to the SC, crank is already pinned and ready to go too.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Does the racetronics kit connect under or above the tank. I'll get it if the plugs are easy to get to.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Looks like the plugs are pretty accessable when I had the car on the lift. The connections aren't covered by the tank.. I'll let you know when I install it how small your hands have to be to get at them.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts