Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Seville STS White Diamond F55, L37 w/Nav
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) If you really get down to it.... for what your paying for.... and our economy as it is. Is a Caddy really worth having???

2) What would be your other choice?

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,497 Posts
Yes....If you can afford it. Plan on dishing out anywhere from $500-2k/year on maintenance depending on age and history. It is what it is....

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
YES
Second choice '66 dark blue 4 speed manual black pony interior V8 coop Mustang.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,497 Posts
YES
Second choice '66 dark blue 4 speed manual black pony interior V8 coop Mustang.
Nice! Oh yeah, just saw a CTS-V coupe commercial...I'd take one of those :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,446 Posts
Ferrari.............talk about insanely expensive maintenance............

·
Registered
99 STS, White Diamond
792 Posts
Since you're in the Seville/Eldorado (both discontinued) forum, I suppose you mean, "Are Sevilles and Eldorados worth it?"

With about $12,000 and many, many hours in my '99 STS that I've owned for three years now, I'll say "YES!" It offers the best combination of comfort, performance and economy--yes economy--of any car I've ever owned or driven. Also the safest and most secure vehicle I've ever driven on ice and snow. I also appreciate the styling that allows my white diamond to look smaller than it is while an STS in black looks far larger.

I've always loved to repair and maintain complicated things and it gives ample opportunity to excercise my brain and body. That $12K could have doubled if everything was done at a shop...

Were I to replace with another Cadillac it would be with a 02-03 Seville as I do not care for the styling of any of the current generation Cadillacs. If money were no object in a new car it would be a Tesla. If economy were no object and I had no desire to drive curvy roads it would be a mid 70s Eldorado convertible.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Yes, for sure! My '95 Seville STS is about as good as it get for my driving needs. 2nd choice would be a 2003 Seville!

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
Yes, if you can afford... and by the way, Cadillac is not the most expensive luxury car to own! Seville is a very affordable luxury car to buy, own, and maintain if we compare the costs of ownership with costs of BMW/MB/lexus.... You can count on 2000$/per year for maintenance costs, but to be honest 2000$ is the money you need to pay if an small actuator goes wrong in MB....

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Not just yes, but hell yes. My Seville is by far the nicest car I've owned, and it's been very reliable as well. I love it.

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,416 Posts
My Seville is imperfect but despite the maintenance cost its still one of my favorite cars to be in, look at, drive, and own. My other favorite sedan is the Audi A8, and repair costs on those are even worse.

I've done the Lexus thing before, and while they're superbly dependable I don't get much joy out of driving them.

So you have to ask yourself: does the money you spend feel like its going toward something you enjoy? If its more of a burden than a pleasure, then you should move on.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V, 95 Sierra Z71
351 Posts
Absolutely. I'm on my second Seville now, and I don't see this one leaving for a long time. F55 suspension is just too much fun. I haven't found a thing close to my STS for comfort/performance ratio.

If I had to choose another car that isn't a Cadillac, it would be a BMW M3. Talk about expensive maintenance...

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
My Seville is imperfect but despite the maintenance cost its still one of my favorite cars to be in, look at, drive, and own. My other favorite sedan is the Audi A8, and repair costs on those are even worse.

I've done the Lexus thing before, and while they're superbly dependable I don't get much joy out of driving them.

So you have to ask yourself: does the money you spend feel like its going toward something you enjoy? If its more of a burden than a pleasure, then you should move on.
Since you mentioned about Audi, here is some Audi quality for you:

This is a 4K 2010 (October) $50K Audi A4 with a 2l 4 cylinder engine (basically a upper scale WV golf).
First picture shows a oil leak developing all around the valve cover and the second picture shows how Audi apply caulking around the sheet metal gaps.
Every single hose, wire and screw in that car had the Germany word on it, I also noticed allot of WV logos in there...I have seen far better in Ford, buy with confidence is import must be good.
I do like the old A8, is the only Audi I would consider, if I would ever consider Audi.

·
Registered
2003 Seville STS White Diamond F55, L37 w/Nav
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks You for all your replies..... It was very interesting. :stirpot: This very much showed the love you have for these automobiles, as well as some humor from a few. Would like to here more.......

As for me........ well.......:hmm:

I would have to say........

YES most definitely.

My other choice would be a V.

This is a very informative forum, with much knowledge, good people, good friends. I have to thank this forum and all people here.
I also love my 2003 STS.:bighead::cool:

I want to here more of your answers on this subject.........

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes I got my 94 sts for $750 cost me $10 to fix the guy I got it from had it to 6 garages put $2000 in it still didnt run right had it 3 years now put in $1200 that's with 4 tires love the car.I have a dealers manual for it makes it easy to figure out how to fix it And some help from people on this forum
01-04 sts would be my next:usflag:

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
....This very much showed the love you have for these automobiles....Would like to here more....
This Seviile owner rarely falls in love with a piece of machinery. I have enjoyed owning/driving a few vehicles over the years; the first ones that come to mind would be my '55 Chevy Bel Air (with a larger engine than the Northstar) followed by a "wide-track" '63 Pontiac Star Chief (a fine highway cruiser) followed by a '73 big block GMC Suburban [(also a super fine highway cruiser), loooong wheelbase is the key].

As for my '98 Seville, this vehicle is an outstanding example of North American mechanical technology married to electronic controls circa 1998.

And, after 13 years and 200,000+ miles of ownership, I see no compelling emotional, subjective or financial reason to replace it with another set of wheels.

I also love my 2003 STS.
Happy motoring....

1 - 20 of 106 Posts