Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
None
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 CTS V with polished aluminum wheels. The wheels are pitting around the rim next to the tire. 3 of the 4 are doing this. Has anyone else had any problems with the polished wheels. This started about 2 or 3 months after we got it. Thanks

Please update your profile to show correct information. CF Staff

·
Registered
None
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Polished Aluminum Wheels

I have a 2014 CTS V with the polished aluminum wheels. The wheels are pitting around the entire rim next to the tire on 3 of the 4 wheels. Has anyone else had any problems like this with the polished aluminum wheels? Thanks

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof
510 Posts
Re: Polished Aluminum Wheels

I have a '10 with about 24K miles. First week I got it my friend told me to keep the wheels clean or they will pit. So I keep my wheels very very clean.

I have found a few very small spots where there is pitting but it's not noticeable from two feet away.

·
Registered
cts-v
71 Posts

Could be a rock chipped away at clear coat so the aluminum is now exposed or like Club Malibu said brake dust left on the wheels too long. I personally find it to difficult to maintain the wheels perfectly clean forever. Eventually rain mixes with the brake dust and they "puddle" up inside the rims and makes it difficult to thoroughly scrub out which then creates pitting.

·
Registered
CTS-V Coupe
3 Posts

Not sure where you live, there is a place here in S.Fl called RimFx - Julian in Royal Palm Beach, Fl. They do a great job on refinishing and wheels look like brand new. Google the place and give them a call...

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,394 Posts

You might also Google for your local Mobile Wheel Repair franchise. I work part-time as a parts counterman at Western Auto and we use that service - about 15 miles from us - terrific, good work and not overly expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts