Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Wow, hopefully that guy gets fired. He should also be charged with intimidation. I imagine there are quite a few cops out there who abuse their powers.

·
Registered
01 STS, 92 Roadmaster, 01 SLS-sold, 88 Brougham-crushed
1,392 Posts
Man, that kid sure keeps his cool. I'd be on the phone with someone or something. My fist would have been really tempted to make a nice arrangement of his teeth. What an A$$ that thinks he has a ton of power.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I would have requested that he get another officer out there, got his badge number, car number, and taken the video to his superiors.

·
Registered
2000 Black DeVille & 1994 Concours
963 Posts
Power and control are essential
components of an officer's execution
of his or her duties.

Unfortunately; there are examples
of the abuse of power which give
good faith law enforcers a bad name.

Bad sheeiit happens all the time.

Best Regards,

TomDeville:cool2:
:cool2:

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was an article I saw that said the police department had over 300 complaint calls once the video hit the net and that the cop is on unpaided suspension pending a investigation

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
162 Posts
I saw this on a local forum. The cop was a complete a$$ and the kid handled himself in a very mature way.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
scumbags and *******s who abouse their powers !

·
Registered
A boat
1,517 Posts
There's a reason that I dislike law enforcement as a general rule.

"But oh, every business or organization has their own bad apples". Well, that might be true, however, those people in other organizations can't take away your freedoms/rights if they are total sh*tbags.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
I've seen this on a local forum as well. There's no excuse for what this cop did. What's worse is nobody would ever believe a word this kid said if he didn't have the entire thing on video.

I have said before, the reason I dislike these kinds of things is every officer on the force knows that cop is a bad apple and does nothing about it. I would tell you from experience that even a chief of police knows who the bad apples are and lets them go on doing their "job" like this "gentleman" officer is. But fire him from one department and he'll pop up in another department down the road 2 days later. The job market for cops is pretty good right now (in my area anyway). Makes weeding these guys out of law enforcement difficult I suppose.

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Rolex...find me work near you! If the pay is right and I can find a decent place to live, I'll move just about anywhere to get out of California! :)

·
Registered
5,702 Posts

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
This is going to sound really odd, especially from me who isn't fond of piglets or anything, but I'm not sure how I feel about this video.

While I will agree that the officer's attitude was out of line there at one point, it sounds to me like the cop was having a bad night and here comes this snot-nosed kid pulling into a commuter lot at 2 in the morning with no real business being there. The cop tries to get him to explain what the hell it is he's doing there, and then clearly states that there have been robberies etc. at this lot and is clearly curious as to why the hell the kid just showed up "to park" in a rather suspicious area. The kid then begins to give him some lip and THATS when it appears the officer's tone really escalated to the "I've had enough" point.

Now I could barely hear shit because of that god-awful clicking noise in the background, but the officer asked the kid at one point the exact same question I was wondering from the moment the video started... why the hell did he have a camera mounted in the rear of his car as if he was ready for some sort of confrontation or something else to occur. I could not hear his reply but Im guessing he had heard complaints about the cops in that area and wanted to see if he could catch one on tape.

In other words, I don't agree with some of the stupid shit the officer told the kid, especially the "we can ruin your life" quote, but I'm not sure the kid is entirely absolved of being a troublemaking little squirt either. I never saw the officer even try to search his car either, which is another place where cops to tend to frequently abuse their power, however this one didn't.

I'm really not sure what to think on this one.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Ah, gotta go watch the video now...I'll be back with an opinion. :D

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Ah, gotta go watch the video now...I'll be back with an opinion. :D
It's hard for me to word what I'm trying to say sometimes, I think I got a clearer picture of what I was thinking while I was sitting on the pot...

In other words, the whole thing came off as a setup, the cop immediately smelled it, and this cop who was already obviously having some sort of shitty night wasnt having any of it.

Had the kid properly hid the camera (though the legality would be questionable), or had someone else in the car turned on the camera discreetly at the time the officer approached the car in a TRADITIONAL traffic stop, I might feel differently. As it stands, its a net 0 for me.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Officer was wrong. Entirely. The kid didn't "lip off" to him anymore than anyone else ever would in a standard traffic stop. He should be fired. The guys an idiot and totally in the wrong. Yes, it appears that the kid was out looking for something like this to happen but that doesn't mean that it SHOULD happen.
"I truly thought if I didn't suck up, I would be beaten and maybe killed." This is a bunch of crap, but whatever.

I could see questioning him in the parking lot in the middle of the night. Suspicious, yes. But anything more than a "hey, how are you doing, what are you doing here?" without any sort of PC is too invasive for that situation, whether the kid was being a punk or not...which he really wasn't.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
If the cop smelled a setup, which I think it probably WAS the kid looking for this video, he SHOULD HAVE BEEN EVEN MORE PROFESSIONAL THAN NORMAL. You'd think he would be smart enough to do everything one hundred percent by the book, knowing that he was on film...or audio at least.

And if he is that way when he's on film, how do you think he acts when he's NOT being recorded?

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
That's my point. I didn't learn anything in this video other than "that cop is a prick". I didn't have the sensationalist reaction the kid was trying to get out of me of "OH MY GOD THAT COP IS KRAAAZZZEEE!". I thought I was gonna see some chick get improperly padded down or strip searched and a dude getting punched bloody.

Should the cop be fired... I guess, but I'm not surprised by his behavior.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts