Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Have 5% tint all around in Massachusetts it normally is 35% I have a medical waiver which allows me to have as dark as I want. Sent the nice officer on his way.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,447 Posts
when you got lit up, do you roll all the windows down and put your hands on the wheel? If you didn't, he probably had his hand on his side arm. In police training they call these exercises "getcha killed" stops.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Base
148 Posts
LOL, I bet he loved you!
Do you have the tint all the way around? Here in California you can do the rear and rear window as much as you want. If you do anything to the windshield or the front driver/passenger windows you can potentially run into trouble.

·
2006 DTS perf
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when you got lit up, do you roll all the windows down and put your hands on the wheel? If you didn't, he probably had his hand on his side arm. In police training they call these exercises "getcha killed" stops.
He did lol I didn't put any of the windows down waited until he knocked on my window just put the driver half down. Left the music on too.

·
2006 DTS perf
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, I bet he loved you!
Do you have the tint all the way around? Here in California you can do the rear and rear window as much as you want. If you do anything to the windshield or the front driver/passenger windows you can potentially run into trouble.
The windshield I have the %5 10 inches down from the top. That's the legal length here. Makes a huge difference no sun on the steering wheel. The front and rear side windows are %5 Back too. This is what my tint looks like.

·
Registered
2006 dts,past03whitediamondsevillests-someday will have another seville/eldorado
180 Posts
Your car looks nice. Like mine looking factory but that looks wicked. There was a white yukon cruising around here with with and black palm tree pattern tint like stuff on it. Sure it must be that stuff that all these work cars get put on to advertise. Thought it would look cool on my car with the dark blue and make it really pop but would be way to obnoxious. Get pulled over enough as it is. Got a good one back in february, insurance had another policy renewal and they didn't raise the rate yet. Hopefully they never will

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS 83k miles
20 Posts
Good advice regarding rolling down all windows - it's been a while since I have been pulled over, but it seems like a good idea.

·
2006 DTS perf
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your car looks nice. Like mine looking factory but that looks wicked. There was a white yukon cruising around here with with and black palm tree pattern tint like stuff on it. Sure it must be that stuff that all these work cars get put on to advertise. Thought it would look cool on my car with the dark blue and make it really pop but would be way to obnoxious. Get pulled over enough as it is. Got a good one back in february, insurance had another policy renewal and they didn't raise the rate yet. Hopefully they never will
Thanks. My DTS does get a lot of attention with the dark tint the OMAC plate and the glass like black paint with the vogues. Unfortunately occasionally it gets the attention of a bored officer looking to write a ticket. He seemed disappointed that I was legal lol. Because my caddy is so unusual I was able to add it on my antique car insurance. My 1972 Lincoln Mark IV and my DTS with full coverage costs less than $450 a year. My RAM Limited and my 06 xterra I still have to keep on my commerce Ins policy. Full coverage for them here is a little over $3k

·
2009 DTS
31 Posts
Ay, Omac, that Dts is cute man..thasss a pretty black. I'd like to see that Mark IV maaaaan. Here is my girl.... She had 5% tint on rear side windows and rear but I've changed the said windows tint to 20% all around. Im in NYC they Fxxx with ya when they are bored and lookin for action too.

·
2006 DTS perf
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ay, Omac, that Dts is cute man..thasss a pretty black. I'd like to see that Mark IV maaaaan. Here is my girl.... She had 5% tint on rear side windows and rear but I've changed the said windows tint to 20% all around. Im in NYC they Fxxx with ya when they are bored and lookin for action too.
View attachment 590819
Clean. I like that pearl white. The dark tint looks awesome on the DTS.
Here is my Mark IV

·
2009 DTS
31 Posts
Strong cars, and didnt have to disect the whole damn car to change a simple bulb. Strong steel bumpers, and doors. You could spin the rear wheels upon pressing the gas, points ignition in distributor cap, adjust timing with a light. The good old cars!!!
My father and uncles showed me much.
That Mark IV is a GEM Omac!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts