Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I am by NO MEANS a transmission expert but this code is pointing to the TCC (Torque Converter Clutch) and "I believe" the code is a very general code and can be pointing to anything from a slipping clutch to a mechanically stuck clutch. There are many things that could be causing the code. It's obviously an intermittent problem so it may be a wiring connection, or even a TPS or brake switch problem. As I recall, the code sets when the PCM doesn't see the proper RPM change when the TCC engages/dis-engages.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
One note,
Anyone with a certain driveability concern SHOULD consult a service bulletin list and/or visit the dealer service department to see if there is an updated chip and/or PCM flash that addresses thier concern(s).
The dealer has SEVERAL different ECM chip/PCM flashes available to them to address a WIDE variety of driveability issues. You can basically look at a list of available updates for your particular car and choose one and have it installed.

One word of caution: Some updated chips/re-flashes CAN require trade-offs in other performance parameters. In other words, you MAY be able to cure one issue but it COULD create another issue.
You have to understand that ECM/PCM programs are not perfect for EVERYBODY. When the OEM installs a certain program, they're doing so full-well knowing that it COULD do better in certain aspects but they use the one they do, in order to cover as many bases as possible. This is why the aftermarket programs are usually able to net some real improvements for the enthusiast driver. It's because they (the enthusiast driver) is willing to trade certain things (such as MPG, silky-smooth shifts, etc.) in order to obtain maximum performance.
Now this is NOT the case with all these chips/flashes but it DOES pertain to some. This is why I would suggest consulting the GM service technician. He can tell you what the different programs do, and what the potential draw-backs may be.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
148 Posts
I don't see why a reputable aftermarket tuner couldn't do the reprogramming himself, rather than using a generic program. Again, I'm new to this car, but I can get into a Chevy's PCM or burn a harness chip for a Ford using a programmer and custom tune it to my wants/needs. Is this an option on the Caddy's computer?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
You can do that too if you want. Hell, I re-flashed mine SEVERAL times myself. I was mainly referring to the "average" owner that just wants to do a "one-stop" fix-it. Quick and easy ;)

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
148 Posts
Katshot, have you found any hidden HP in the timing or anywhere else? Are you happy with where you are now, or are you still experimenting?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts