Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 deville and it is not getting good gas mileage, im getting about 16-18 around town, it has 145000 miles on it, not sure if the plugs or wires have ever been changed, i have a new k&n air filter on it, didnt seem to help any, should i change the plugs n wires n hope to get better gas mileage, or what can i do to get better gas mileage?

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac DeVille 4.9L
203 Posts
A tune-up usually helps. 16-18 in town isn't too shabby, but plugs/wires/disty cap/rotor may net you another 2-3 mpg... Or at least they with the 4.9L

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
You should only have to change the coils if they fail. Do the plugs and wires, clean your TB and also the EGR valve. Also, have the fuel injectors cleaned and check the FPR for leaks. That should help some.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i called the cadillac dealer today and they said that my fuel rail was recalled, does that include my fpr too? or do i have to replace that seperate

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seperate.
This is how I found out my FPR was not giving me the correct reading. I filled my tank and upon refilling I pumped more gas into the tank than the computer said was used (Gallons used). If this is your case replace it at once. An easy fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts