Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it too much to hope that the 06 CTS would have a harness allowing for a factory NAV to simply plug and play on a non-NAV car?:hmm:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? I followed the link that one of the members here (was it you?) posted with meticulous instructions and photos and it looked pretty intense.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FlyFlip420 said:
Wasnt me, but I followed the same instructions and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be!!!
Good to know. Did you do the full blown conversion with voice command?

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
To get a basic functional Nav, you only need to splice in a wire from behind the instrument panel to the VSS terminal location on one connector for the Nav. Phase 2 is optional and adds voice commands and audible directions. I found that having the Nav talk to me was more annoying than anything and disabled it via menus.

If you feel comfortable pulling the IP and center stack apart, the rest is easy. Phase 2 requires you to pull the rear seat, the trunk liners, and the underdash panels, for access to run the wires. Time consuming, but not difficult. It kinda scares the wife, if she sees you tearing apart your new car, though.

Pete was doing the full conversion for a customer. If you don't feel comfortable with doing it yourself, he may hook you up with his installer. Pete's just South of Baltimore.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Pete's user name is Pietroraimondi. He owns Caddilac Motor Sports, who has the group buy on headers going on right now.

The install is fairly easy as a DIY project. It's just time consuming (especially phase 2). Full instructions are at cadillacfaq.com

For a basic functional Nav install:
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/navconvert/index.html

To add voice commands and audible directions:
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/navpart2/index.html

The second part is totally optional. The nav will be functional with only the installation of a single wire for the vehicle speed sensor in Phase 1 (the first link).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts