Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
CT6 plug-in, ELR, Tesla Model X, Ford Fusion Energi
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/general-motors/2015/04/19/cadillac-offer-plug-hybrid-electric-ct/26027841/
General Motors Co.'s Cadillac brand said Sunday that it will offer a plug-in hybrid electric version of its top-of-the-range CT6 sedan, first available for the Chinese market.

Cadillac, in conjunction with the Shanghai auto show, said the new plug-in hybrid electric system for the CT6 is designed to achieve more than double the fuel economy of the traditional gasoline engines, with specifics available closer to the vehicle's launch.

Mark Reuss, GM's head of global product development, last fall said a plug-in electric option for the CT6 would offer "industry-leading fuel economy upwards of 70 mpg equivalent."

The luxury brand said it used the car's lightweight structure to help with design and efficiency, and the CT6 plug-in hybrid electric is aimed to allow drivers to complete most daily commutes in all-electric range. GM said it will announce electric range later.

Cadillac spokesman David Caldwell said the CT6 plug-in will launch in the second half of 2016 in China and will be added to markets like the U.S. in early 2017.
The article also disclosed that the Voltec version of the CT6 will be RWD:
GM said the CT6 plug-in also features a new rear-wheel electric variable transmission with exclusively-designed motors to help acceleration. The two-motor electric variable transmission is mated to a 2-liter, four-cylinder turbo engine. GM estimates the total system will generate 335 hp and 432 lb-ft torque (at 0 RPM).
That's more power than the 4-cylinder and V6 engines that have already been announced!! And that's silent, smooth power with no shifting. (The naturally aspirated 3.5-liter V6 is rated at 335 hp at 6,800 rpm and 284 lb-ft torque at 5,300 rpm, while the 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6 will offer 400 hp at 5,500 rpm and 400 lb-ft torque at 2,500 rpm. Then, of course, there's the 265 hp 4-cylinder base engine that's just a complete joke on this car.)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only greenies want hybrids.
Only overcompensating ignorant buffoons want smelly, noisy, slow all-gas cars.

If you like going to the gas station twice per week instead of twice per year, supporting terrorists while polluting the air, then enjoy. You do seem like that kind of low-brow based on your posts, so I won't bother with an intelligent rebuttal that you wouldn't understand.

You've obviously never driven a Tesla Model S P85D (not that I think you're even smart enough to even understand the controls).

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Only overcompensating ignorant buffoons want smelly, noisy, slow all-gas cars.

If you like going to the gas station twice per week instead of twice per year, supporting terrorists while polluting the air, then enjoy. You do seem like that kind of low-brow based on your posts, so I won't bother with an intelligent rebuttal that you wouldn't understand.

You've obviously never driven a Tesla Model S P85D (not that I think you're even smart enough to even understand the controls).
Fish in a barrel.

I simply said that to get your response. And your response waters down your previous argument about the 2.0.

Personally, I'd entertain a Tesla if it made fiscal sense in my business. As well as the plug-in hybrid. As well as the 2.0 if the simpler RWD setup made for better economy. In both MPG and bottom line price.

But no, you rail on about what luxury is in your mind and how everyone else MUST be like yours.

Yet, your argument about hybrids and name calling me as low brow for(mistakenly) not wanting one because I love to waste gas.

Yet, a TTV8 wastes gas. Especially if a 2.0T also gets you there with more MPG.

You have proven yourself the ultimate hypocrite.

----------

So to all those others whining and whining about the 2.0T, see how ridiculous you look? Cadillac is giving you a choice. Instead of being a weasel, like the accusatory Blastphemy and his know-it-all statements that belie his lack of actual knowledge, just calm down. Buy what you want because Cadillac wants to make you all happy.

Don't be like Blastphemy.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, etc. are all hoping Cadillac follows your advice! Because it's worked out so well for Cadillac so far... lol!

Can't wait to see that advertising campaign: "Here at Cadillac we redefine luxury by engineering our top-of-the-line CT6 sedan with a bottom-of-the-line 4-cylinder engine that promises to deliver you sub-ELR acceleration at three times the noise. Nothing says luxury like an inadequate engine paired with a high-end visual design! We did it with the ELR, and that car sold six cars in its first month! Take that, Mercedes! If you want V8 acceleration without the gas, we also offer a plug-in CT6... but in order to increase demand, we're not letting you have it until the 2.0T has been out for two years! Take that, BMW!"

Enjoy living in the 19th century, "big" jim.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Blastphemy said:
Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, etc. are all hoping Cadillac follows your advice! Because it's worked out so well for Cadillac so far... lol! Can't wait to see that advertising campaign: "Here at Cadillac we redefine luxury by engineering our top-of-the-line CT6 sedan with a bottom-of-the-line 4-cylinder engine that promises to deliver you sub-ELR acceleration at three times the noise. Nothing says luxury like an inadequate engine paired with a high-end visual design! We did it with the ELR, and that car sold six cars in its first month! Take that, Mercedes! If you want V8 acceleration without the gas, we also offer a plug-in CT6... but in order to increase demand, we're not letting you have it until the 2.0T has been out for two years! Take that, BMW!" Enjoy living in the 19th century, "big" jim.
Very funny and Mary Barra should read this very carefully

·
Registered
780 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, etc. are all hoping Cadillac follows your advice! Because it's worked out so well for Cadillac so far... lol!

Can't wait to see that advertising campaign: "Here at Cadillac we redefine luxury by engineering our top-of-the-line CT6 sedan with a bottom-of-the-line 4-cylinder engine that promises to deliver you sub-ELR acceleration at three times the noise. Nothing says luxury like an inadequate engine paired with a high-end visual design! We did it with the ELR, and that car sold six cars in its first month! Take that, Mercedes! If you want V8 acceleration without the gas, we also offer a plug-in CT6... but in order to increase demand, we're not letting you have it until the 2.0T has been out for two years! Take that, BMW!"
Yet another expert with all the right answers - why you're not running GM I'll never know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts