Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
02 STS
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i have an 02STS and i wanted to buy a plug and play satelite radio and i was told by the sales rep. at best buy that it would not work because i own a cadillac he then told me that i would have to go to the dealership so they can hook up the satelite radio in the car he said because cadillacs come pre wired for satelite radio anyone know if this is true or not or does anyone have one hooked up in there car and can it work thanks.

·
Registered
1993 STS, 1997 STS, 2002 SLS, 2007 CTS 3.6
378 Posts
I have sirius and LOVE IT. I bought mine at best buy and had them install, which really wasnt needed. The one I have goes through a fm channel, all you will need is a dedicated power connection. I took the antenna for the fm modulation and stuffed it around the radio in the seam.

Works great, not at times I do have to change the fm chanel it is set to, like when I go to Louisville or near the airport, but I have driven from Kentucky to Maine and FLorida with no problems.

Just my .02 but if you get a sat radio go with Sirius, they have the best programming and have a special till the end of this year or maybe next that for 400 you get a LIFETIME subscription. Pretty sweet deal.

I have the sporter unit, the reciever just pops out and I plug into the sportster boom box I have so I can use it anywhere.

Let me knw if you need any other help. but the guy is full of shit...

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have the new Sirius Streamer myself and I love it as well! got my equipment installed at Circuit City for $50. It took about 45 minutes. I bought a Pro-kit for my unit though so that it can sit on side of my stereo instead of suctioned to the windshield.

If you want the Pro-kit, go to siriusstore.com or siriustore.com ...I can't remember which.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts