Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd see Service Engine Soon light on on my cadillac ( Coupe Deville 1993, 4.5 V8). Pls let me know what's this mean, and how to fix this problem !
i'm living in Vietnam, and only me using the Cadillac here.
Pls help me !

Thanks

James

email add : [email protected]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,

The orange service engine sson light means the car is still drivable which is good news. A red stop engine is big trouble.

Firstly a 1993 should be a 4.9 motor not a 4.5 ?
When the light goes on it means you have got a stored code that will tell you exactly what the trouble is.

To read the codes you have to turn the car on, and then press the OFF button and the red WARMER buttons at the same time and hold for 5 seconds, then dash will flash the codes.

Please write them down. Please note pressing the AUTO button will return ythe car to normal operation.
Please do this a few times to make sure the info that you report will be accurate.

You can post the codes here but also e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll tell you what the code means. I do not always look here but want to help you.

Thanks, Terry

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Please post the codes here, and if you find a website (5 mins of googling didnt turn up anything :D ) please post that here also!!!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
It seems as if the codes that the devilles/sevilles/eldo of those years (90ish-93) put out different codes.. Instead of looking like P034, they are like E45 or something like that....

Maybe im out in oblivion..... thats not the first time thats happened.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Night Wolf