Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2003 DTS
'03 Deville DTS
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greets,
Recently got the two codes P01741 & P0174 (Fuel Trim System Lean ). From what I've read here I did the brake cleaner spray on the plenum (intake coupling) and it stalled the vehicle. Would that be a positive result to indicate the coupling needs replacing? Just want to make sure before pulling the intake manifold off.

DJSG3

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,115 Posts
Actually, it should have increased your RPM, but I'd still put money on a ripped plenum duct.

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,818 Posts
ON the plenum coupling, or IN the coupling?
If ON, then I'd suspect a torn/cracked coupling.
Spraying IN the coupling proves nothing.

·
2003 DTS
'03 Deville DTS
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, it should have increased your RPM, but I'd still put money on a ripped plenum duct.
I was really soaking it to try and get at the bottom part. When I sprayed it heavy right by the clamp release/tighten screw the engine stumbled. Well for $20 and an afternoon of turning nuts & bolts (fun) I reckon it's the best place to start. Thanks for your input Ranger.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,707 Posts
run your finger in the groove - at the bottom - you will probably feel the split

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,066 Posts
run your finger in the groove - at the bottom - you will probably feel the split
I agree. Plus, if you're spraying at the bottom of the plenum duct, gently push on the top. My money is on the rubber plenum.

·
Registered
92 Fleetwood 2dr cpe - FWD, 96 Seville SLS, 02 Seville
960 Posts
Yep, on the bottom, that's where mine tore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts