Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there cadillacforums members! I am interested in buying a used '01- '03 STS or ETC. First though, I was hoping you could answer some questions:

1. Reliability - Is this car reliable? Prior to this I had a 260 hp '01 Acura CL-S which was totalled at 54K miles . I also own a '97 LHS with 164K miles and used to own a '91 Maxima with 197K miles until that car was wrecked too. All of my cars have been relatively trouble free. Can I expect the same from the Seville/ETC?

2.Performance mods - The only ones I have uncovered thus far are K&N intake, RSM throttle body, & Corsa exhasut - Do these merely make more noise or do they actually produce more power? If so has anyone dyno'd the car or done 1/4 mi tests to verify these claims?

3.Does anyone make headers for the Northstar? On my Acura CL-S headers and cai can bump horsepower by 25-30 hp at the wheels. I imagine a large displacement engine like the Northstar's, which is tuned for low-mid rpm power, could realize similar gains. Is this so and is there a supplier you can recommend?

4. Does anyone make custom heads or camshaft for this car? I am also considering buying an older Seville and boring out the motor .030-.060 over & bumping the compression slightly. Can anyone recommend a company that can do this?

5. Is the power difference between the STS & SLS really as great as the 25 hp that Cadillac claims? I've looked at 1/4 mi times on www.caddyinfo.com and I don't see much difference. Also is it really possible to get a sub 14 second quarter mile with only minor mods to the engine. At least that's the impression I got from perusing that site - I am skeptical though.

6. Is there anything else you think I should know about this car? Do you have any regrets for having bought one. Was there anything you wish you had known before you bought yours? :)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Welcome Speedyv6!

I am not much of a DIY'er but there are many sharp people on this board that may be able to help! The only regret I have is that I didn't buy one sooner!
Do your homework and buy the best one you can. Good luck with your shopping and mod's. (ps you may need a name change mabey Speedyv8!)

Happy Holiday's
Paul
:xsmile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
SpeedyV6