Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade 2008
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

Please can somebody help me, i have 08 escalade and car has 130kkm. Everything was working perfectly until yesterday when i changed oil. Before i was useing Castrol 5w30 and now i tried Mobil 1 5w30. Today in the mornig
i started my car and the message came in LOW OIL PRESSURE stop engine!!!. i went away after 4 seconds. Can somebody tell me what this is? can it be the oil ? i changed oil and filter (original acdelco).

Please everybody

regards

·
Registered
2008 Escalade ESV
8 Posts
With a change of filter and sitting overnight, it takes a couple of seconds to pump oil through the new filter. Shouldn't happen again until the next change.

·
Registered
Escalade 2008
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you even reset the oil monitoring system to 100% after being done with your oil change?
UUU you are right i forgot to do that, ill try and i hope it works :(

tnx

----------

With a change of filter and sitting overnight, it takes a couple of seconds to pump oil through the new filter. Shouldn't happen again until the next change.
i don't know, i drove car today for 2hours and stoped it for 45mins and than i fired it and the message came on again!!!
i don't know what to do i am disappointed :(

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
I'd start by changing out the filter again. Maybe you got one with a bad anti-drain back valve?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Could be a bad oil pressure sensor, oil filter, etc. I'd start the cheapest route first, which is the filter. Oh, and make sure you poured the proper amount of oil in.

·
Registered
Escalade 2008
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you check the oil level via the dip stick, does that look normal?
Yes i did, when the engine was cold, oil level on dip stick was a little bit over max line. which is odd because i put in only 5.6 liters of oil ??

----------

Could be a bad oil pressure sensor, oil filter, etc. I'd start the cheapest route first, which is the filter. Oh, and make sure you poured the proper amount of oil in.
Thank you for the tip, i will replace filter again all though its OEM AcDelco, if not ill replace sensor. First i thought it was because of oil brand replacement --> castrol to mobil 1. i just hope that its not camshaft as i read on some other forums :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts