Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
First post here. I don't know who else to ask. My stepfather has a 1995 Deville. He bought it used. Now it needs new tires, and the people at the tire shop said there is a special tool needed to remove the lug nut cover or something like that. He contacted the dealer who told him they do not carry the tool because they are not factory wheels, but are made by Vogue. I have done intenet searches and have come up with nothing:banghead:, so I am turning to you folks for help. The wheels are 16" I believe, and my stepfather said it looks like it is probably star shaped. Where can I get this tool? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
-Jason

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Maybe you can get a replacement from Vogue?

Vogue Tyre

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
Sounds like it has wheel locks - a special lug nut that you need a keyed socket to remove. If they're aftermarket and you don't have the key you might have a tough time. Two big manufacturers are McGard and Gorilla. See if there's any identifying marks on them to see who manufactured them.

If there's room to maneuver the shop can get creative. I've heard of them welding regular bolt heads to them and removing them with a regular socket. They won't guarantee that they won't damage the wheel, but left to their own devices some shops will figure out a way to remove them.

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again Everyone.
Just wanted to thank you folks for replying so quickly and trying to help us out. I clicked on the Vogue Tyre link
that Kev posted and found contact info for their main offices, who then referred me to a local rep at a Caddie dealer, who told me to either try to use a flathead screwdriver to get the star screw out, or bring it to the dealer so he could see what wheels we had and determine what tool we needed. So I guess we've got it under control now, thanks again, you were a great help!
-Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts