Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am so happy that I found this, I need some serious help. I have a 1996 Cadillac Deville. It is non-air ride suspension. For some reason I think the rear shock absorbers are bad. The Cadillac dealership said that they are $1200 a piece i was like HOLY COW!! Does anyone know what the problem might be, or where I can get some cheaper shocks? The back rides so rough that it almost sits to the ground, it scrapes across speed bumps and if I go over a bump it jars the rear end so bad, its horrible. What can I DO?

The second thing is one day I had my air conditioner on and it was makeing this extremely loud sound like something was hitting the fan blade it was very loud like thump thump thump and the higher I turned the A/C on the faster it got as well, the lower I turned the fan on the lower it got. Well that same day the whole thing just stopped working I mean no air comes out whatsoever nor heat, it doesn't come out the top nor the bottom. I do not konw what it is, if it is the blower motor or the blade or fuse, can you please help me as well on that? Thank you very much.
 

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
Joined
·
86,977 Posts
$1200 each for air shocks is outrageous. Check http://www.rockauto.com or http://www.gmotors.com

Sounds like your blower motor died. Even if it where just the squirrel cage, I don't think you can buy them seperately. Listen to the blower motor on the firewall and see if you can hear it running. It would be much quieter without that squirrel cage.
 

·
Registered
Cadillac
Joined
·
76 Posts
I know the shocks for the active suspension Cadillacs are extremely pricey... I'm sure you could find some Gabriel's or Monroe's for much less. Just look online or at your local auto parts stores. Those shocks aren't the best in the world in terms of ride, durability, or handling, but they should be sufficient if you are on a low budget.

I've had the same noise with my blower motor. Turns out a large mouse had made its home in the blower motor of my 01' Deville and was torn to pieces when I turned it on. However, the smell was bad enough to signal that something had died in the housing.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top