Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I am going to go ahead & apologize for not knowing what I'm talking about here. Please bare with my stupidity on this topic. My fiancé recently purchased a 2003 Escalade. He has mentioned wanting to change the stereo out & has a birthday coming up. I want to buy that stereo for him. I was looking at this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I9ASGOK/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

My question is, is this going to fit? Also, do I need to buy anything else like cords or a mount thing for it? I want him to have everything he'll need to go ahead & set it up. Thanks for any help you have & sorry again for entering your sanctuary with severe lack of knowledge :)

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Welcome first off and that's what the forums are for are questions. There are only thousands of car upgrades that can be donw and it can be daunting.
I have a Boss HU(differnt than link) and a few things bug the crap out of me. One it is not dimmable and is extremely annoying at night, it does have screen off function so it doesn't blind you. Two no clock unless you go to main menu, i couldn't get steering wheel controls to work with axxes adapter. It is a large HU and had issues getting to fit just right.
I would really scour the reviews before buying it.

I literally just purchased a Sony two days ago to replace it(not much more than that Boss unit).
As for exactly what is needed goto Crutchfield. Mounting kits/wiring adapters/antenna adapters etc should be listed. If running RCA cables to any amps 90 degree fittings and long cables may be needed.
I woukd also suggest you do a search here for that year and radio upgrades as I'm sure there are certain model specific procedures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rodnok01 said:
Welcome first off and that's what the forums are for are questions. There are only thousands of car upgrades that can be donw and it can be daunting. I have a Boss HU(differnt than link) and a few things bug the crap out of me. One it is not dimmable and is extremely annoying at night, it does have screen off function so it doesn't blind you. Two no clock unless you go to main menu, i couldn't get steering wheel controls to work with axxes adapter. It is a large HU and had issues getting to fit just right. I would really scour the reviews before buying it. I literally just purchased a Sony two days ago to replace it(not much more than that Boss unit). As for exactly what is needed goto Crutchfield. Mounting kits/wiring adapters/antenna adapters etc should be listed. If running RCA cables to any amps 90 degree fittings and long cables may be needed. I woukd also suggest you do a search here for that year and radio upgrades as I'm sure there are certain model specific procedures.
Thank you!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,438 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts