Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
catera
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a 98 Catera that i have had for about 3 years, in recent months i have changed the valve cover gaskets due to a leak and smoke coming from the car and it seemed that it was the only issue. Now i have a mysterious leak coming from underneath the vehicle. :hmm:

I re-checked to see if i would have made a error with the gasket, but that was not the issue. The leak(Motor oil with a bit of water) seems to be coming near the metal wall near the oil filter(above it). I turn on the car for about 3 minutes running and take it for a spin then when i park the car or in idle, i hear a squishing squirting sound. the dripping is not a huge amount, but it drips moderately. the oil can be seen all around the transmission tray, the oil pan, and basically all around that section. I have also checked to see if any bolt was loose on a pan but they were all tight.:hmm:

I have also tightened the oil filter to see if the leak were coming from that section as well, but their was no sign of leak on and around the oil filter, just near the top above the metal wall around near filter(near the region where the exhaust manifold starts). what could this be?? could it be a bad freeze plug? I also checked the metal looking line right by the oil filter and it seemed fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!! THANKS!

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
23 Posts
if you already checked the metal line from the oil filter, do what d_phekt says and get a complete check for the housing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts