Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Elvis said:
But I've never seen one of these before. Is this a factory job, or a custom job? They claim the car was extended.

Or is this all just a load of crap and they moved the front seats all the way forward to make it look bigger inside?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2421294428
Excuse your IGNORANCE?!
Dude, you're one of the LEAST ignorant guys I know.
There is no such thing as a "factory" stretched Cadillac, unlike Lincoln. This car was done by a coachbuilder either for Cadillac (in the case of the "DES" I think they call it) which is available "through" select Cadillac dealers, or directly for a customer. Either way they are expensive considering the relatively small increase in interior room you get from the modification.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Katshot said:
Excuse your IGNORANCE?!
Dude, you're one of the LEAST ignorant guys I know.
There is no such thing as a "factory" stretched Cadillac, unlike Lincoln. This car was done by a coachbuilder either for Cadillac (in the case of the "DES" I think they call it) which is available "through" select Cadillac dealers, or directly for a customer. Either way they are expensive considering the relatively small increase in interior room you get from the modification.

Sorry, I didn't hit the link provided. :rolleyes:
This IS apparently a DES. "IF" it really is, it was built "FOR" a Caddy dealer under the watchful eye of Cadillac.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm flattered, Kev. Thanks for the info. I really hadn't ever heard of a DES. Now I think I want one.

Why don't they just call it a "75" and be done with it?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Elvis said:
I'm flattered, Kev. Thanks for the info. I really hadn't ever heard of a DES. Now I think I want one.

Why don't they just call it a "75" and be done with it?

DES = Deville Executive Sedan
Cadillac = ACRONYM, ACRONYM, ACRONYM. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts