Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
What does the N2A 789 designation specify? The only option option for the '05 is the XM radio receiver/antenna. What is the mileage/color/condition?

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,337 Posts
Same as any other 2005 XLR, depending on condition and mileage. It's a 14 model year old car, soon to be 15.

Trade-in runs about $10,000, Private sale about $14,000 - assuming it's black with moderate mileage.

Location, mileage, overall condition, color, wheel type - all make differences in pricing. NO 14 year old used car is in Excellent condition; very few are in Very Good condition.

Look through www.kbb.com or the Edmunds pricing site.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hank you. Is essentially a kit car built on an XLR chassis and interior. Retractible still functions. Am told the MSRP was over 130k but do not know if any actually sold for that. Some would call it a "Clown Car".

BTW everyone around here seem to think any XLR is over $20k, seem to have jumped a bit since the summer.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Early XLR's are worth $20k if the head and tail lights are in great condition, and you part them (just the lights) out. $10k for a 2005 is reasonable. Even the 101 Nieman Marcus Editions, (built prior to the 2004 models) --which are about as collectible as an XLR can get, don't command high prices.

The only kit car I've seen based on the XLR is the infamous "Godfather Roadster", which any self-respecting clown would be proud to own and be seen in. It effortlessly elevates hideous to an entirely new level. It's the kind of car you'd expect to see Rodney Dangerfield drive up to a country club in, honking the air horns. If this is the style of kit car you refer to, they retailed new for over $120k and the two I watched sold for far, far less. And neither sold fast. There is no realistic way to accurately appraise a kit car, regardless of the chassis it rides on. It will sell for whatever the market will bear.

·
Super Moderator 2011 CTS SportWagon
9,437 Posts
I would say that it is just about impossible to put a value on a car like that. Auction would certainly be the best place to get the most exposure, and the right kind of buyer. If he's looking to sell, get it on the docket at the Palm Beach Barrett-Jackson ASAP.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Well a bit different, more a homage to the tri five chevvies. Actually after watching all of B-J Scottsdale on DVR at 3X, it is kinda pretty. It is shiny.

View attachment 544110

ps by "around here" I meant Central Florida not the web site.
I think I've seen that car arount St Pete / Pinellas county FL. I did not know that it was based on an XLR. Me, I would prefer the XLR body and trim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
cadillacmike68