Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2019 Cadillac XT5 Platinum 2020 XT4 Premium Luxury
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We keep getting this notice on the dash: "Please confirm password to continue using connected services." Our local Cadillac dealer can't figure it out. Has anyone received the notice and solved the problem?

· Premium Member
2020 XT5 Premlux, 2023 CT4 Lux (2019 XTS PremLux traded)
490 Posts
We keep getting this notice on the dash: "Please confirm password to continue using connected services." Our local Cadillac dealer can't figure it out. Has anyone received the notice and solved the problem?
Yes, I just got the message last night when I drove my 2019 XTS, I couldn't figure out why. I just put in my password, can't believe I remembered it! lol
I've never had it before. Maybe there was some type of hack at OnStar?

· Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I just got the message last night when I drove my 2019 XTS, I couldn't figure out why. I just put in my password, can't believe I remembered it! lol
I've never had it before. Maybe there was some type of hack at OnStar?
What password was this ? I got the message too, but not sure what password is needed. OnStar ? MyCadillac ?

· Registered
29 Posts
I don't subscribe to onstar either and got the message on my GMC canyon.. I pressed the onstar call button and talked to the onstar operator.. I do have MyGMC app on my phone.. she said use that password, I did and all good now.. My wife's XT4 is not registered with onstar and the password message hasn't popped up yet.. if it does, I have the MyCadillac app on my phone for the XT4 so I'll try that password..

Bernie

· Registered
7 Posts
Check your setting in the user profile menu. You may have the pin confirmation under security set to yes.

From Infotainment Manual:

Personal
- If equipped, this menu allows adjustment of different user profile settings. See “Users” in Using the System 0 8 for information on setting up user profiles. The menu may contain the following:

Name- Touch to edit your user name that will be displayed in the vehicle.

Vehicle Account Information- Touch to view the vehicle account information and to change the account password. An “unverified user account” pop-up will display until the account information verification process has been completed on the Internet. Check your registered e-mail account for an activation e-mail to complete the verification process.

Profile Picture- Touch to choose or change your profile picture.

Profile Identifiers- Touch to have the vehicle recognize the identifier you choose. Touch Vehicle Key 1 and/or Vehicle Key 2. If the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter is lost or stolen, see your dealer.

Security- Touch to have your profile secured with a Personal Identification Number (PIN). Touch No or Yes

· Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
758 Posts
Same thing just happened with mine, then I received a message warning about sharing my password with 3rd party apps. Crazy asses
I noticed the connected services message last year on my CT6 and entering my OnStar password took care of that. A few weeks ago, it came up again and entering the password did not work. I tried it a few more times and have ignored it until today and tried again but the password did not work. I know it's correct as I can login to my Cadillac account and OnStar. So I called OnStar and the rep told me I needed to delete my profile and make a new one. This did work although the first time I entered the same password, it did not work. A minute later I reentered it and it went through. So in my case since I had a profile, deleting it and recreating a new one took care of the problem. I don't know if the process is any different without a profile.

· Registered
1 Posts
I got the same message yesterday on my 2022 XT5. I put my Cadillac password in and it said invalid. I deleted my profile on the car and re-entered it. So far it seems to have solved the problem.

· Registered
2020 XT5, AWD Platinum, Garnet Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
2,673 Posts
Profile Identifiers- Touch to have the vehicle recognize the identifier you choose. Touch Vehicle Key 1 and/or Vehicle Key 2. If the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter is lost or stolen, see your dealer.
Found both key 1 and key 2 can be selected. If not, the profile setup will force creation of separate MyCadillac and OnStar accounts for each key which cannot be done. By checking both, the profile is linked to one MyCadillac and one OnStar account which is the desired result.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts