Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,516 Posts
Sorry I forgot to reply earlier. But yes, you can browse your USB tracks on the CUE system while driving at least on my CT6. Album art will only show in album view if it's properly embedded. I rarely use CarPlay so I can't comment on browsing using that feature.
Same here for my `19 XTS. I think all CUE 3.0 can do that.

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,516 Posts
You would think but since the OP has a newer vehicle, you never can tell whether some features might have been changed.
Possible, but I'd bet it hasn't regarding browsing while in motion. Personally, I consider it dangerous to do unless at full stop even with FCA and FAB both of which are a nice safety feature to have.

· Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
758 Posts
Possible, but I'd bet it hasn't regarding browsing while in motion. Personally, I consider it dangerous to do unless at full stop even with FCA and FAB both of which are a nice safety feature to have.
Very true regarding distractions etc. Voice commands work well enough if needed. I just let my tracks shuffle anyway which works well since I have forgotten about some of them over time.

· Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
758 Posts
One other thing I should mention: you can't browse if CUE is indexing the media. Normally, that won't take long but if you have thousands of tracks it may take a few minutes especially the first couple of times you insert the USB if it has never been indexed.

· Premium Member
2023 CT5-V RWD / 2020 XT6 Sport / 2024 Lyriq AWD (reserved)
5,502 Posts
Sorry I forgot to reply earlier. But yes, you can browse your USB tracks on the CUE system while driving at least on my CT6. Album art will only show in album view if it's properly embedded. I rarely use CarPlay so I can't comment on browsing using that feature.
I can't get it to browse the folders when the car is in motion. It displays a message that this feature is not available when the vehicle is in motion. When stopped / in Park, I have free rein to browse.

· Premium Member
5,502 Posts
And this is unlike my CTS (with the HD and the ability to read USBs) - in that car, I could browse the folders without any restrictions.

Lawyers.

· Registered
758 Posts
I can't get it to browse the folders when the car is in motion. It displays a message that this feature is not available when the vehicle is in motion. When stopped / in Park, I have free rein to browse.
I can browse on my 2020 CT6 so I'm not sure what changed. I think when you use CarPlay, you may see that message if that setting is activated on the phone but I'm only using my USB files. Whether your files are on a phone or USB drive could make the difference.

· Registered
758 Posts
And this is unlike my CTS (with the HD and the ability to read USBs) - in that car, I could browse the folders without any restrictions.

Lawyers.
Now that I think about it, it's probably because you have that hot rod V car and they don't want you to crash!!!

· Premium Member
5,502 Posts
I can browse on my 2020 CT6 so I'm not sure what changed. I think when you use CarPlay, you may see that message if that setting is activated on the phone but I'm only using my USB files. Whether your files are on a phone or USB drive could make the difference.
Now that I have a 2020 XT6 as well, I can confirm that browsing while in motion is definitely enabled on the XT6 - which debuted the same year as the CT5. Mewonders if the disabling is a recent (non) feature of these systems.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts