Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Escalade Platinum, 1984 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like everyones opinion on this question. Please give reasons for your answer. Thanks

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE
595 Posts
In my opinion the premium is worth the $10k over the base. You get quite a lot of features.
I don't think the platinum is worth the extra $10 over the premium. This is what you get for an extra $10k???

Different 22" wheels
LED Headlights
Different front facia
Heated and cooled cupholders
Nicer leather
Nicer wood dash
Dual headrest DVDs

Not worth the extra $10k at all in my opinion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Materially I tend to agree, even though I have a Platinum. The one thing you dont mention is exclusivity. There is a price to pay for that. Less than 5% of all Escalades built are Platinum's. In the past 6 months Ive probably seen hundreds of Escalades on the road. Ive spotted only three Platinums. Does that make it worth it? I don't know although I do tend to like the interest shown by other Escalade owners. They act sometimes like they're seeing the rarest thing on earth.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,495 Posts
Materially I tend to agree, even though I have a Platinum. The one thing you dont mention is exclusivity. There is a price to pay for that. Less than 5% of all Escalades built are Platinum's. In the past 6 months Ive probably seen hundreds of Escalades on the road. Ive spotted only three Platinums. Does that make it worth it? I don't know although I do tend to like the interest shown by other Escalade owners. They act sometimes like they're seeing the rarest thing on earth.
I agree with you. Where I live there arent very many Platinums and I love being the guy driving around in one, although its my wifes car. Other Cadillac owners Ive spoken with seem to really like the interior colors too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No question, the exclusive Cocoa/Linen interior colors are easily the most beautiful of any Escalade. Its the little things that really separate this car. Still inda surprised at how loud they are though. id prefer a little more of the classic "Cadillac quiet". The corvette derived engine roars a little too loud inside the cabin for me.

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE
595 Posts
Good points above, however but does anyone other than an Escalade owner even know the difference. I would say not.
Same conversation goes on over on the Porsche forums that i frequently view between the Carrera and Carrera S. $10k in price difference between those two with comparable differences. I have the S...so who I am to say. :D

·
Registered
993 Posts
No question, the exclusive Cocoa/Linen interior colors are easily the most beautiful of any Escalade. Its the little things that really separate this car. Still inda surprised at how loud they are though. id prefer a little more of the classic "Cadillac quiet". The corvette derived engine roars a little too loud inside the cabin for me.
Some people like to hear that 6.2 roar. Engine sounds fantastic, and so does that exhaust! I was planning on upgrading the factory system, but it sounds amazing, so I left it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts