Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Platinum V + GM Polished Rims + Drilled Rotors + B&M Short Shifter + Two Tone Boot

As requested.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
Re: Platinum V + GM Polished Rims + Drilled Rotors + B&M Short Shifter + Two Tone Boo

Nice:thumbsup: I can't wait to receive mines next week.
I wonder how hard it is to install the drilled rotors...I plan on doing it myself.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Re: Platinum V + GM Polished Rims + Drilled Rotors + B&M Short Shifter + Two Tone Boot

Not crazy about the boot....but those damn wheels and cross drilled rotors look KILLER! Congrats!

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Platinum V + GM Polished Rims + Drilled Rotors + B&M Short Shifter + Two Tone Boot

Joey'sVee said:
Not crazy about the boot....but those damn wheels and cross drilled rotors look KILLER! Congrats!
I knew the boot would get mixed reviews. My interior is tan and my floor mats are black so it ties everything together nicely. Hard to convey with just a small picture. Not for everyone but great for me. :)

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
Re: Platinum V + GM Polished Rims + Drilled Rotors + B&M Short Shifter + Two Tone Boo

Rotors look sweet..:highfive:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
114 Posts

Looks awesome!!! Kinda like mines :cool:

V

·
0 Posts

Looks great Chris!

I really don't like chrome spoked wheels. They make the wheels look smaller than they are.

Looks sharp though!

Norm

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts

Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts

Beautiful :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts

looks good, but i think the regular cts v wheels look better, something about the overall shape of the other wheels i really like.

·
Registered
CTS-V
268 Posts

CVP33:

Whew! Took a load off my mind considering we will have the same set up (rotors and wheels). Looks great and it got approval from the wife - guess I should tell her the rotors and wheels are on the way (it is always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission). I also like the boot. When I was looking at V's out here in Calif., all of the platimums had ebony interior (which is what I ended up with) and I think the boot kind of ties everything together on your car.

Now I can't wait for my stuff!

Thanks,
Marty

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

Looks great Chris!

I really don't like chrome spoked wheels. They make the wheels look smaller than they are.

Looks sharp though!

Norm

Could be just us or lighting, but both my wife and I thought these wheels looked larger and better in comparison to the stockers. :hmm: Any who, I love 'em.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts

CVP, those rims look nice. Got a part # and price?

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

dqw1 said:
CVP, those rims look nice. Got a part # and price?
GM PART # 17800210
CATEGORY: Wheels
PACK QTY: 4CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $424.29
OUR PRICE: $297.00DESCRIPTION: 18x18.5 Wheel Kit (18" DN209, Polished Dual 7 Spoke Design (Sold as set of 4)

After shipping and handling it came out to $1450. Lindsay is the better deal. They have a group purchase going now that you can probably get in on. PM James at Lindsay.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Joey'sVee said:
Did they come polished or did they do that at the dealership?
They come this way.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V
45 Posts

Cool pics, thanks for posting them. I happen to like the boot and have been thinking about doing the same thing in my car. I have the gray interior with black floor mats and have been thinking about getting a two tone boot to help tie things together. (leather samples are on the way just to make sure everything matches) Now that I've seen how it looks in your car I'll definately be going ahead with that. Like you said, not for everyone, but I like it, and I appreciate you posting and removing any doubts I had about doing it.

·
Alexandria, Va
Work on them all...
1,213 Posts

Black Beast said:
I wonder how hard it is to install the drilled rotors...I plan on doing it myself.
It's not hard at all... Remove the wheels, loosen the caliper mounting bolts, remove the torx bolt holding rotors to the hub, remove old rotors, reverse for installation...
Joey'sVee said:
Not crazy about the boot....
I thought the same thing until I saw it installed. Pictures don't do it justice. It really does tie the interior colors together.
Various comments about the looks of the wheels
I love the stock "V" rims and I didn't think I would like these wheels. After seeing them mounted, again, pictures just don't do them justice. You have to see them in person.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts

Chris,
That looks too nice...great job.
-ace

1 - 20 of 27 Posts