Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2008 Escalade ESV Platinum
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We own a '08 Esalade ESV with the platinum package. The aniline leather used for the 1st and 2nd row seats is a worthwhile upgrade to the standard "Nuance" leather, IMO. Any plans to bring a similar package to the CTS-V, or at least allow us to specify aniline leather? I am considering ordering a 2010 model, but would really like to ditch the suede inserts and get some better leather, especially on the Recaros. TIA.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Matt. I own a '97 Porsche 993 TT (purchased by me in 2000) which was ordered by the original owner with a custom interior - leather on literally every knob and surface (even the a/c vent blades), and real carbon fiber trim everywhere. It's held up beautifully over its 12-year life. I never thought that Cadillac might do this. I'll put in a call to them. Honestly, I love the basic styling of the CTS-V interior, but would like aniline (Tehama) leather, no suede inserts, and maybe real carbon fiber trim. It might be prohibitive financially, but I did pony up about $6,000 extra to buy a used Platinum ESV in white, so some additional expenditure is acceptable and expected. Appreciate the input very much. :) AD

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure that aftermarket could be great, but I prefer factory / original whenever possible. The GT3 recaro seats in my 993TT are full leather, and provide amazing grip even at Road America, Mid Ohio, VIR, etc. I don't think suede, or actually pigment dyed leather (e.g. GM Nuance) wears as well as true aniline, and I tend to own my cars for many years. So, I'm looking for longevity. I think it will get harder and harder to find a sports sedan with a manual transmission in the future, so I'm looking at the CTS-V as a keeper. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.