Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this discussion has come up time and time again. I only have one question. I know that the grill itself is 2336042, the wreath is 88944248, and the crest is 88944263, but my question is very simple. I currently own an 02 Pewter Escalade and I am trying to find out if I buy this grill do I have to do any painting and if so what needs to be color matched? Because the platinum edition escalade does not come in Pewter, so what will need to be painted? So sorry, but I did not see the answer in any of the Platinum threads that I researched.

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
The paint code for your color is in the glove box, on the sticker. For which numbers it is exactly, do a search, hcvone answered this for me a while back.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
You already know you have to get the grill painted because your trucks color does not come as a Platinum edition stock color, the area that has to be painted is between the headlights. I believe your paint code is WA382E, you can check this by your glove box sticker.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. The only reason that I asked is because I saw a few grills on ebay that were chromed and I didnt see that u shaped piece under the grill that is also between the headlights included in the picture. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade EXT
58 Posts
hcvone said:
You already know you have to get the grill painted because your trucks color does not come as a Platinum edition stock color, the area that has to be painted is between the headlights. I believe your paint code is WA382E, you can check this by your glove box sticker.
you don't have to paint anything. if you order a platinum grill, all you need is the vin# and there is a corresponding part number for your color vehicle. i just bought 3 of these things and they all came in different colors for each of the vehicles i needed them for.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
00 STS said:
you don't have to paint anything. if you order a platinum grill, all you need is the vin# and there is a corresponding part number for your color vehicle. i just bought 3 of these things and they all came in different colors for each of the vehicles i needed them for.
The Platinum grill comes in 6 colors, diamond white, black, silver, blue chip, red e, rip tide blue , his truck is pewter, that is an 02' color and not offered anymore, that is why he has to have it painted, these are the 6 stock colors. :)

·
Registered
2005 Escalade EXT
58 Posts
ohhhh, my dad's esv is the 04 silver.....thought is was the same as pewter. in that case you will have to paint it to match perfectly i guess. i don't know if it would be easier to just buy the grill insert, as long as the mounting tabs are intact i guess.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
V10 King I am interested. Get back at me. I have yet received a response from you. Are you really trying to sell your grill or what?

·
Registered
20 Posts
genovese45 said:
I know that this discussion has come up time and time again. I only have one question. I know that the grill itself is 2336042, the wreath is 88944248, and the crest is 88944263, but my question is very simple. I currently own an 02 Pewter Escalade and I am trying to find out if I buy this grill do I have to do any painting and if so what needs to be color matched? Because the platinum edition escalade does not come in Pewter, so what will need to be painted? So sorry, but I did not see the answer in any of the Platinum threads that I researched.

I own an 02 pewter also, I purchased the silver colored grill (part number 12336042) and the match is close to perfect. No complaints from me.

·
Registered
Escalade
1,584 Posts
dremac2133 said:
I own an 02 pewter also, I purchased the silver colored grill (part number 12336042) and the match is close to perfect. No complaints from me.

Looks nice. Are those Big Homie rims on your truck? more pics

·
Registered
109 Posts
dremac2133 said:
Yeah they are the 24" Big Homies, I love em (Didn't mean to jack the thread)
is your truck lowered? I have the same rims, same size, but they look much smaller, maybe the tire size too.
Where can I get that grille, and how much is it?

thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sky High Ent. said:
is your truck lowered? I have the same rims, same size, but they look much smaller, maybe the tire size too.
Where can I get that grille, and how much is it?

thanks

No, I didn't lower it but maybe its the tire size. I have Perelli 305/35/ZR24. I brought the grill in May from GMPARTSDIRECT.com, I just checked and the price is $232.22.

·
Registered
109 Posts
dremac2133 said:
No, I didn't lower it but maybe its the tire size. I have Perelli 305/35/ZR24. I brought the grill in May from GMPARTSDIRECT.com, I just checked and the price is $232.22.
I couldn't find a chrom grille on that site. Can you post a direct link.
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts